Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I've never had that much of a problem with the ui on spotify but rather two small frustration. The first is not being able to play music bought on iTunes in the program and the other is trying to find replacement music for those that I can't play not being available in Australia. Other than that it's been pretty good really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

fivre posted:

You should be able to play iTunes music; iirc it's no longer DRM'ed and Spotify can play local files. iTunes probably stores them in a really stupid place, but that's not Spotify's fault.

The older drm stuff needs to have rights bought for it and even stuff I've bought recently won't play. The rest of my local files aren't a problem really. Windows media player has never had a problem with iTunes files really

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm not entirely sure why its happening but it would appear that spotify seems to prefer streaming songs rather than playing the local versions. It mostly happens when its on the artists page rather than when its saved into a playlist. I haven't been using it nearly as much either because it eats the battery on my phone and on the computer it eats download limits more than it ever used to

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
The thing that I'm finding odd about spotify atm is that on my pc desktop the in program apps work a treat but on my mac laptop they say they aren't installed so I can't access them. I haven't looked into it too much but it seems a little bizarre that they don't work

• Locked thread