Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
So after 6 months I either have to pay $10 a month or get a bunch of lovely caps? Seems a little dishonest considering I didn't see anything about it when signing up, as though they're pretty much only offering unlimited w/ ads to get you hooked on it so they can go "ha ha, no, 5 track listen limit and 10 hour max now. buy unlimited."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

The Modern Leper posted:

"How quickly the world owes you something you didn't even know existed five minutes ago" - Louis C.K.

Clearly, they would have the same userbase they do now if from the get-go, they said "Hey, so, in 6 months, in addition to these ads, you're going to have a limit of 10 hours of listening a month, and 5 repeats of a single track max, unless you subscribe for $5." instead of "SPOTIFY IS IN THE US!! SIGN UP NOW!! FREE MUSIC!!!! (disclaimer: for a while)"

I have the choice to use the service or not if I think it is fair and when making an educated decision to use it or not information is withheld from me I have a reason to get a bit upset, I don't think they owe me free music forever but that's certainly the way they advertised it.

Also, the tiered sound quality's a little sketchy. I understand they have bandwidth concerns but it's a little lovely you can't just pay another $2 if you just want better sound quality + unlimited instead of paying the full $10 for mobile services you might never use.

Also, what the hell does this mean? I can't log in from more than one PC after 14 days?

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 25, 2011

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Critical posted:

Just wanted to say this is amazing and it really is worth paying $5 a month at least to kill the ads. Getting into a rhythm in a video game and have it hosed by a spoken in house ad sucked.

Although I never noticed a limit on number of plays with the free version, I played some tracks 10 or 20 times. Did they get rid of that?

In 6 months there will be a 10 hour total listening time per month limit and a 5 play per song limit per month unless you pay.

• Locked thread