Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Bunk Rogers posted:

One change I noticed with Spotify's app over the last few weeks is that there are now three options of music quality. Low, High and Extreme. They don't assign a number value, that I've found, so it could mean anything.

Low = 96kbps
High = 160kbps
Extreme = 320kbps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

cptInsane0 posted:

Why how nice of them to give android a new version. I didn't realize it was so easy to make applications on different platforms, considering there STILL ISN'T A loving IPAD APP!

Simmer down. I want an iPad app too, but the fact that they've improved the Android version like this certainly means they've got an iPad version coming, because that new Android app looks an awful lot like the photo of an iPad running a Spotify app one of the devs posted on Instagram.

The Android app added related artists, which is something I've really been missing from the desktop app.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I tried to like Rdio, but their iPhone app just isn't as good as Spotify's. You can't even create playlists within it. Spotify also has a better selection.

I'm glad I got my Spotify account before they started requiring Facebook though.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I haven't seen a way to sort by artist.

Does the new Android app allow sorting? I assumed that the new Android app being released meant that a new iPhone and maybe iPad app would be coming soon, but maybe I was mistaken...

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I have no idea what's up with their laziness when it comes to their mobile apps. It seems like the devs are far more interested in coming up with new "apps" for the desktop app than working on the mobile apps, which also strikes me as a backward priority. I would imagine people are listening to Spotify on their phones far more often than on their computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I'm really liking the iPad app so far. Can finally view related artists! Would've liked to be able to reorder playlists, though.

• Locked thread