Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

rckstar79 posted:

Is there a built-in means of finding each week's new releases? I'm spoiled by Rdio's comprehensive list of new releases, and I can't seem to find an equivalent in Spotify.

Here is the official Spotify New Releases playlist:
http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3Yrvm5lBgnhzTYTXx2l55x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Well, that didn't take long:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/29/spotify-sued-by-packetvideo-for-patent-infringement/

A “Device for the distribution of music information in digital form.” could cover pretty much anything music / streaming related.

More information on Techdirt

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^^Are you using the new client, the one with the apps?

Can't seem to get it working either.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to play a playlist in the iPhone mobile app WITHOUT shuffle?

Sometimes I just want to listen to an album all the way through, and I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

...don't click shuffle? It will play playlist songs in order unless you specifically hit shuffle.

Doesn't seem to work. I click the first track, it starts playing. After it is finished, it plays a random track.

Can't seem to figure out how to toggle shuffle. Clicking the icon doesn't work (just starts the shuffle function again)

Edit: found it!
Can't do it in the playlist window, or even in the regular playback options...

While a track is playing, press the "i" in the top left corner. In the screen that appears, there is a shuffle toggle.

Turambar fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 12, 2013

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

Now they put me back with the 'Discover' tab :argh:

I learned you can type tag:new into the search box to bring up all additions to the catalog. It looks like no results were found but at the top it shows the albums.

Cool! Otherwise I would never have found out that "Mozart for babies" was a thing: spotify:album:1NbxBhYOVPuQsbq4gs1p5G
Also available in "Beethoven" flavour: spotify:album:5HXpS67RRDanzihBu4u3Te

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I think that the Spotify app is a bit slow with giving memory space back to the phone. After setting the playlist back to streaming, you might want to run something like PhoneClean to get rid of the cache files.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
You could also try the following playlist. It features nearly 4000 tracks, so you'll probably find something to your liking:
http://open.spotify.com/user/benuaq/playlist/0f5CAY9LBlFgJlQeeSaBut

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to change the default font of the playlist view?

I follow a playlist that is about 4000 songs long. The program only shows 22 track names on a page, making searching quite hard.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's often with long (10 min+) tracks that they are not even available on Spotify, so as a premium subscriber I welcome this new option.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Me neither. Maybe it's a regional thing, since we're all from The Netherlands?

• Locked thread