Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Nice, finally new features since they released the app a few years ago. Webplayer looks cool and will probably be useful on machines where you can't install Spotify.

Also Spotify really doesn't provide tools to listen to albums or discover new music so those features are welcome. Playlists are so... kludgy. I never use them with Foobar :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does anyone have an definiton of what "access" means in:

quote:

"The application SpotiLast would like permission to access your Last.fm account. You should only give access to your Last.fm account to third parties you trust."

I'm trying to find some kind of webpage/app to generate playlists based on my Last.fm recommendations, but they either a) don't work properly, b) don't exist at all or c) give vague bullshit like that.

Edit: Just after I wrote this rant, the playlist Soundmatch generated finally populated with entries. Initially it had only one track for quite a long time.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Heh, now try imagining it on Nexus 10. Why would any Android user pay for the premium account, considering the sorry state of the app?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Equalify ( http://www.equalify.me/ ) is an equalizer. It has some kind of plugin/visualization support too, and a basic crossfeed without any adjustments.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So how Discover is supposed to work anyways? I've been listening to hundreds of tracks from Iron Maiden and Spotify keeps on recommending trance? :(

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Discover even recommends local gigs. Satyricon is playing Dec 18th here at Tampere and Spotify dug that info from somewhere.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

precision posted:

The only one I use is Last.fm, partly out of nostalgia since I used Last.fm itself starting way back in '06 and partly because I'm a dork and like to know who I'm listening to the most. Also sometimes I get drunk and the next day I can look back at what I listened to the night before and go :stare:

You can also check stuff from Spotify's play history. Of course it doesn't show timestamps, but anyways.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Charlie Mopps posted:

Seems Spotify got a UI makeover. Its all in black now.

Win32? Android? ? I can't see anything on Windows :(

Edit: I guess I won't be getting the update. 0.98 is latest with much improved color theme and sorely needed larger font, and I'm stuck on 0.96 :emo:

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 18, 2013

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Superanos posted:

It's on the Windows and Mac versions, but they're doing their usual dumb "rollout" thing where some users get it before others.

Is there some way to get the Spotify updated before some algorithm decides I'm eligible for the rollout?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Another Person posted:

I thought that a few weeks ago, but I'm sure they would run into some issues somewhere legally. I don't know why I think that, I just do.

Google already does that so

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Finally found out about spotify's connect feature. I can remote control my phone with my tablet. Now if the desktop client supported connect so I didn't need to keep my phone plugged to my amp. :spotify:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sucks to be a non-US student though.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

sharktamer posted:

So the android app updated to a completely separate app, meaning all my offline cached music has been deleted. My office has practically zero reception so now I'm stuck here with nothing to listen to.

Thanks spotify. You could add least give me the option to update to this new app later rather than making the old one immediately useless.

I have auto updates off, because sometimes app updates are broken or otherwisw terrible.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Why discover is so hard to use? Why I can't start a discover radio or queue/shuffle the songs? Nowdays it's an useless list which requires constant babysitting if you want to listen to stuff from there. Also queuing the suggested songs/albums is a chore.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 11, 2014

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Rexides posted:

It seems that Spotify is hosting an open beta for the new version of the desktop client. You can install it side by side with the current client, so it won't be that difficult to switch back if you can't bear all the beta related bugs.

Version 1.0! It took only six years for them to release the first version of their client :v:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Running 0.9.15.27.g87efe634 on win32 as long as feasible. I can't be arsed to migrate to some other service, so hopefully the old client will keep on working forever, or Spotify gets their poo poo together and fixes the new one.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

So back in the day I used to use Equalify for a Spotify equalizer but it seems now that the guy charges for it. Any free alternatives or solutions?

Use older version of Spotify and old Equalify. I guess the guy couldn't be arsed to do a complete rewrite and not get paid.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I've been considering moving to Google. GPMDP is supposed to have an EQ but I can't find it on Windows 8.1 at least. Also I can't enable HTML5 audio but no idea if it's supposed to even work. All I really care about is the EQ. Does anyone have had the same issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Charlie Mopps posted:

Well i guess they added ads in the spotify desktop app now. When you go to an artist's page you get offers to buy albums.

Even for paying customers? One reason still more to not update from my pre-1.0 build.

• Locked thread