Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Events cast shadows before them, but the huger shadows creep over us unseen.
It's been archived: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3497919

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

I've just updated. It looks like they're using a different shade of green for the logo now?

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

i was reloading posted:

Are any of you switching to Apple Music? I've been a loyal Spotify user for years and I love it to bits, however this Apple Music looks pretty promising.

No, which surprises me as I was expecting it to be a complete no-brainer. But it's missing some of the music I'm currently listening to on Spotify, and I don't see the point in cutting myself off from that music, Spotify's abysmal software updates notwithstanding.

In fact, I've only ever used Spotify and (probably naively) thought that different streaming services would basically have the same catalogue to choose from, except for a relatively small number of artists signed exclusively to a particular service. I'm not sure why I thought that, but I guess I just presumed once the streaming rights for an artist or album have been worked out on one platform, it would make it straightforward for other platforms to stream it if they chose to.

Has anyone else run into this, or am I an outlier?

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone have any thoughts about Spotify's new privacy policy?

I'm not usually particularly bothered about this kind of thing, but wanting access to photos and contacts on your phone? Christ.

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Ah, okay. I didn't know they needed to prompt the user before actually accessing the things they say they're going to access in the new T&C. As long as I can say no, I guess it's fine for now.

Saying you might collect information on photos, media files and contacts on somebody's mobile phone is never going to go down well, though, even if you never actually do it. What's next, coming home to find a Spotify employee going through your bins so they can improve your Discover Weekly playlist?

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Yeah, nothing for me on iOS so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Oh, got it now. I just force quit the app and reloaded. I like that it gives me four different playlists which seem to be themed by the different types of music I listen to on Spotify, too. Good job!

• Locked thread