Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It's so good, that I find myself listening to stuff on it that I already have on my hard drive.

Sucks about Dylan though, last time I checked there was a metric shitload of his stuff there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

screaden posted:

Yeah I know, I've got the premium but I'm thinking I might switch over now, I have a bunch of old funk/soul albums that spotify either doesn't have or is incomplete so this sounds perfect

Bear in mind you can upload songs and stream anywhere with a free standard Google Play account, you don't need to subscribe to the streaming service.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Yup, 10,000 song limit across three devices, with no option currently to have the entire allocation on one. Unlikely to change anytime soon according to Spotify. Other services are unlimited so I really don't understand this.

Edit: And yeah, not even a counter. When resyncing my phone the other day, I made a note though, and 1440 songs took up 6.5 gig in high quality if that's any help.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 2, 2016

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Deezer has unlimited downloads. I was on it for about three years up to Xmas since I got it cheap with my mobile phone contract. Now that deal's over, Spotify edges it over Deezer at the same price for me, but if unlimited downloads means a lot to you, you might go the other way.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I'm sure this is super obvious, but don't forget you can get the mix going on your phone and then play/control it from the desktop.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I had Deezer free with my phone for a couple of years and it was decent enough. When I lost that bonus and it was a choice between it and Spotify at the same price, Spotify won out, but its, yeah, fine. No download limit is one thing it has over Spotify that comes to mind.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Twice over the last two weeks the Android app has deleted all my downloaded albums, but kept my downloaded playlists. They're still cached, so if I redownload an album, it'll appear instantly.

Anyone else had this? Don't suppose there's a way to 'refresh' and get everything that's cached?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If only they were as good at actually fixing bugs and listening to their customers.

Finally switched to Apple Music after getting sick of the Android app just randomly deleting all my downloaded music, and the stupid 10,000 song limit on your Library. Spent a fair few hours moving my library across, and most of my playlist listening will be through Spotify Free for now, but so far so good. Pros and cons, obviously, just like Spotify and Deezer before.

It's annoying, 'cos Spotify wins in pretty much every category for me, it's just that it's the only one that has game changing drawbacks (that don't even need to exist!).

• Locked thread