Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Is there a way to have it update to Facebook in the little profile box on my profile, but NOT on the sidebar newsfeed? I want to have a little bit of an e-penis and show people what I've been listening to, but at the same time all my friends say "loving TURN THAT poo poo OFF IT UPDATES MY NEWSFEED EVERY FOUR MINUTES, YOU LIKE LISTENING TO JUSTICE, WE GET IT".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Quantumfate posted:

Okay, so I feel really dumb asking this, but how do i share music I listen to on facebook? As in get facebook to do the "So and so just listened to X by Y on spotify" or "X is listening to Y, listen with them!"

Also, in "Edit - > Preferences" there is "Share what I listen to on Facebook", which you should check.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Apparently now they have playcount listings of top tracks for artists. That's pretty neat, and allows me to do personal indie dick waving contests :smug:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Telex posted:

If you keep going you get to about 2,000 lovely karaoke albums.

I've found this is generally the case for any search I perform on Spotify.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Blast Fantasto posted:

They've since fixed it, and I wished I took a screenshot, but Discover used to have a little block telling me "Hey, you listened to 2 CHAINZ. You might like Tity Boi aka 2 CHAINZ"

Captioned with a picture of Lil Wayne.

That's pretty much Discover in a nutshell.

I just got this from Discover - it's trying hard, you guys. It wants us to be happy, like a mentally handicapped child handing us a piece of poop as a present. Also, Clapton's really let himself go.

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 9, 2013

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

fivre posted:

Discover tab today:
An ad for Kidz Bop 24, including Thrift Shop and a Spotify-exclusive track.

Thanks, Spotify. That's what your users want.

Speak for yourself, Kidz Bop is often hilarious to listen to try to figure out how they get around vastly inappropriate lyrics, and how far the censorship goes.

In Gangnam Style (yes, they did that in korean) they say "Hey, hey lady" instead of "Hey Sexy Lady".

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/12/business/media/spotify-said-to-secure-exclusive-deal-with-led-zeppelin.html

Looks like we've finally got Zeppelin :woop:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

DominoDancing posted:

I've been checking out the new Muse album on Spotify and noticed that one track, the 10 minute "The Globalist", actually says "The Globalist - Premium Only". When did Spotify start offering songs only for premium customers? I thought offering the same library for free and premium customers was one of their prime principles?

This has been a thing for a while - I think I only remember seeing it for like... some Pearl Jam live albums a few years ago, so I don't think it's actually been used by many artists, but maybe Spotify has been pushing it on the artists a bit more to get more revenue, so it's catching on.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Baauer (I rode the Harlem Shake wave HARD and BEAUTIFULLY)
Hozier
Major Lazer (Same as above - 2013, but I guess when he had Pon de Floor probably getting like a few hundred thousand streams, then he SUPER BLEW UP in the last year, it makes sense)
CHVRCHES
Charli XCX (Nuclear Seasons EP :whatup:)
Lucius

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Yeah, it was Diplo and Switch, but Switch left, so I thought it was just Diplo. If he picked up a few more people, I stand corrected

Edit: According to Wikipedia, it's Diplo, Jillionaire, and Walshy Fire

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

stupid puma posted:

Still no Seger???

tbf the Seger cover band they have as the top results for any Seger searches is like 75% spot on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Mierenneuker posted:

Ringo should have hired a botnet to push Don't Pass Me By to the top.

He won't have to do anything once the masses are able to realize how great Act Naturally is :colbert:

• Locked thread