Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Here's a few invitations. I loving love Spotify :)

c4yG4wyERA5g8Xq2
edSX7gHqS5ee8AHu
bB6gThyhhxhBhd8A
bYmP6ns5tdWgE9M8
cEZfqSDutLycmyLu
bg8rEnEK3G3f3SdD
cen6wnTNR4fPKnpx
fHdDzg9en7KGNET3
chHEGYA4hrMsPqPS
fqAWNydy9U8BpCeR
fLCP78GpAFrwGB3M
eWbAAseqFzGebK9H
eYbJadmRPmAZWHYJ
cbNy7qUh8Secahn9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Oae Ui posted:

The desktop app seems pretty terrible. I can't believe that there's not any sort artist list to help you filter through stuff. It seems like this would make finding stuff in even a moderate size collection rather annoying. It looks like the mobile app is even worse, it just crams it all under "Starred". Do they expect you to put every artist or album in a playlist manually? Or do people that use this just stick stuff in playlists and never really listen by album or artist?

It also tried to import my iTunes library without asking me. I stopped it and removed iTunes from the sources list, but it's still there in my sidebar with a few of my albums showing up and I'm not sure if deleting that will have any consequences.

To filter by artist, click the 'Artist' column header in the search results box. e.g. search 'queen', click 'Artist' column header, scroll through to Queen songs.

The artist and album names in the search results listings are also hyperlinks, so you can click that to go to either the artist overview/discography page or the album tracklist - e.g. search 'queen', click 'Queen' hyperlink in Artist column, go to Queen overview page.

rckstar79 posted:

Is there a built-in means of finding each week's new releases? I'm spoiled by Rdio's comprehensive list of new releases, and I can't seem to find an equivalent in Spotify.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the 'What's New' section in the left-hand column brings up a grid of new releases and the Spotify twitter feed (mixed in with your friends' shared music if you link to facebook).

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dewey7788 posted:

Anyone know why a majority of the songs would not be available to me, but also be available to my friend who is sitting right next to me? We both signed up within minutes of each other from the US with a legit code. Spotify says the song is not available in the US yet, but my friend is allowed to listen. Anyone have any idea?

Is the track replicated on your hard drive but not on his?

Spotify uses Gracenote to match up the songs on your PC (on Windows 7, your Music library) with the songs in its catalogue. If a song's not available in your country, but it's on your PC as an MP3, it'll play the local file as though it were being streamed.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you don't have a Premium account, you can still use the mobile app for wireless playlist syncing, but it won't let you play Spotify tracks. Only your local MP3 music.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ROLL D4MN TIDE posted:

One of the main attractions is that you can share songs with your friends and form playlists for them to listen to...

Actually yea that's the biggest thing about Spotify :confused:

I'd imagine that there'd be all kinds of legal panic about allowing people to share their local MP3 music, even if it is within Spotify's walled garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^ until they update the desktop app in the background (only warning is a little HEY RESTART ME PLZ CUZ I UPDATED banner) and it helpfully re-ticks the sharing options for you. Like how it won't detect when you've upgraded to Premium and auto-select the higher streaming quality.

It's scummy that every so often the mobile app logs me out, and on re-login basically says 'hey do you want to connect to facebook y/n' and selecting 'n' returns you to the username/password screen. Repeat ad nauseum.

spincube fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 30, 2012

• Locked thread