Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ugh. I just A/B tested the same song, pirated vs spotify and it sounds waaaaay better in Winamp. Richer, fuller, clearer etc. The low end is about the same but the highs are waaaay less defined. It's not even subtle.

I paid $12 for the Equalify plugin and I simply can't get it to put out the same sound regardless of what I do with it. Spotify is just a lot more muffled in comparison. It's really notable side-by-side with the exact same song in Winamp (Full Bass=Treble eq preset). I have high quality mode turned on so I'm not sure what else I can do. It's really disappointing hearing it side-by-side with Winamp.

revmoo fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread