Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

Since we're talking about Real Ghostbusters ghosts scaring the poo poo out of us, I'll contribute.

There was an episode where Slimer ran away and got hooked up with a big yellow ghost that may or may not have been wearing a top hat. Said ghost would attract other disaffected ghosts and then pretty much eat them through osmosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The video arcade made me what I am today!

precision posted:

Dude Janine was crazy hot in Ghostbusters 2.

I always thought she was just as hot in the first movie, guess I'm alone there.

Maybe it's because I have kind of a thing for bookish, androgynous women. Or maybe it's the bug-eyes.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Deadpool posted:

I also love when the cartoon references the events of the movie and Egon has one of my favorite lines in this episode: "Cathulhu makes Gozer look like Little Mary Sunshine."

That was EVERY episode. "This is the worst thing we've faced since Gozer..."

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Iron Crowned posted:

Since we're talking about Real Ghostbusters ghosts scaring the poo poo out of us, I'll contribute.

There was an episode where Slimer ran away and got hooked up with a big yellow ghost that may or may not have been wearing a top hat. Said ghost would attract other disaffected ghosts and then pretty much eat them through osmosis.

Yeah, that guy was pretty loving creepy. Samhain too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Yeah, that guy was pretty loving creepy. Samhain too.

Apparently my scared the poo poo out of me ghost was called Ghash/Mr. Ugly:
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghash

An interesting coincidence is that he appeared in the episode Slimer Come Home, my least favorite as a kid, which was the first episode that aired written by JMS. The episode before it Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood, was my favorite from when I was a kid.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

Tewratomeh posted:

I always thought she was just as hot in the first movie, guess I'm alone there.

Maybe it's because I have kind of a thing for bookish, androgynous women. Or maybe it's the bug-eyes.

Nah she was cute in the first one too, I just prefer the "wacky artsy" look they gave her in the second.

Also, Egon never realizing she has the hots for him is one of the better running gags in the first one.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

precision posted:

Nah she was cute in the first one too, I just prefer the "wacky artsy" look they gave her in the second.

Also, Egon never realizing she has the hots for him is one of the better running gags in the first one.

I was kind of sad that they ditched it for the sequel. Her and Egon would be the most :3: thing ever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

That wasn't quite deliberate, there was supposed to be a real romance arc but most of it was cut.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

sex offendin Link posted:

That wasn't quite deliberate, there was supposed to be a real romance arc but most of it was cut.

They sort of get together in the book. Speaking of which, I'll put up another chapter or two tonight.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I was under the impression that Egon either didn't want to date The Secretary or straight-up didn't want any romantic distractions at all, given how he pauses to explain his hobby of "I collect spores, molds, and fungus" and shoots down reading with "print is dead." If there was a romance arc between Egon and Janine, I'm glad the final product is not now, I'm busy since it helps sell Egon as the super-studious ghostbuster.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I freely admit my love of redheads is because of 2 animated characters. Janine from Ghostbusters and Scarlett from GI Joe. Fess up goons, Cinnamon and I can't be alone.

I believe April O'Neil qualifies for this as well. But it only makes sense, as heroes prefer reds, one way or the other.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

McSpanky posted:

I believe April O'Neil qualifies for this as well. But it only makes sense, as heroes prefer reds, one way or the other.

I can't believe you posted those and not this:

Payndz
Sep 22, 2006

I'm Peter Graves, and I was wondering if you could direct me to the natatorium, as I'm attending a Scuderia Ferrari team-building exercise. Thank you. I'm Peter Graves.

McSpanky posted:

loving TV Tropes, or rather the people who contribute to it. The 'Anime and Manga' category of every single trope is invariably about five times longer (and infinitely spergier) than 'Film' or 'Literature' or 'TV'. And the alphabetical ordering of the categories always puts it at the top of the list.

TV Tropes posted:

In Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, the first shown member of every Quirky Miniboss Squad is a redhead (Izuuru, Sheshe, Fuku). Also twisted with Sara, whose natural colour was bright orange, but-
:fuckoff:

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

haha just today at work I was thinking about how annoying it is that there's an Anime and Manga section, Fan Fiction, and like Furry section for everything. Nobody wants to read about your weirdo poo poo, you gently caress ups.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

McSpanky posted:

I thought April was a brunette? Jesus. The more you know....

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fun fact: Arsenio Hall is the voice for Winston for the Cartoon.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

One thing I always loved about the cartoon is when the climax of the episode was approaching and the Ghostbusters theme starts playing from the actual beginning of the song. When that happened, you knew some serious poo poo was about to go down.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

Egon, I take back everything I ever said about you.Take this.
(he hands him a candy bar)
You earned it.

I *swore* this was a dollar bill until just now and always thought this was pretty much the best thing he could have given him. I'm kinda sad that its not.

Also it was many viewings and several years before I realised that

quote:

Janine, I'm sure a woman with your qualifications would have no trouble finding a top flight job in the housekeeping or food service industry..

was not in fact a lovely compliment.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Ninja Gamer posted:

One thing I always loved about the cartoon is when the climax of the episode was approaching and the Ghostbusters theme starts playing from the actual beginning of the song. When that happened, you knew some serious poo poo was about to go down.

Hahaha. Even though this happened every episode it was still amazing. It was just shouting, "Yes, yes yes yes, yes!" at the screen.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town

Buglord

Let's watch the movie in .gif format!

And if you don't like YTMNDs at all, I guarantee you'll at least like this. If what this depicts was real, it would be the most awesome thing ever.

These ones are good too:
http://xgonnagiveittoyaghost.ytmnd.com/
http://spskeet.ytmnd.com/

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!

Does anyone have that picture someone made of the RGB Boogeyman in Photoshop or something that's creepy as gently caress?

This thread has gotten me on a Ghostbusters kick. If I'm ever in New York I HAVE to visit the actual firehouse.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ninja Gamer posted:

One of my favourite episodes for this is Night Game, when Winston has to play baseball to save the world. At 4:12 is when it all comes down to him and the theme kicks in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4Duv-Ihxo&feature=related

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Lobok posted:

One of my favourite episodes for this is Night Game, when Winston has to play baseball to save the world. At 4:12 is when it all comes down to him and the theme kicks in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq4Duv-Ihxo&feature=related

Thats just weird seeing a Ghostbusters episode end WITHOUT the use of their guns.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

I always wondered if the guy with the nasal spray at the scene when Peter comes up to Dana at the fountain is supposed to be Oscar's dad.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 17, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jason Funk posted:

I always wondered if the guy with the nasal spray at the scene when Peter comes up to Dana at the fountain is supposed to be Oscar's dad.

I was running through the first film with the commentary by Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis, thanks to this thread, and they say that they think he would be the father.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

I was running through the first film with the commentary by Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis, thanks to this thread, and they say that they think he would be the father.

I hope he's feeling better. Still looking a bit pale, though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ProfZoom posted:

This thread has gotten me on a Ghostbusters kick.

Agreed, I've been revisiting all the RGB cartoons, and hit a WTF moment. In "Adventures in Slime and Space", Slimer begins to rapidly multiply. On the side of the road, for no apparent reason, are the Three Stooges :wtc:

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Jason Funk posted:

I watched it again recently and realized that the violinist is Timothy Carhart, who can be seen in almost every tv show ever as a guest star. Or as the guy killed by Danny Glover at the beginning of Witness.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

For some reason the Sandman scared the poo poo out of me more than the Boogieman.

His voice was haunting.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Fun fact: Arsenio Hall is the voice for Winston for the Cartoon.

Speaking of voice actors (I'm sure this was mentioned before):

Lorenzo Music voiced cartoon Venkman and cartoon Garfield, and Bill Murray voiced real life Venkman and "real life" Garfield.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

YourEvilTw1n posted:

His voice was haunting.

It was like Megatron with laryngitis. drat you Frank Welker for being so loving talented that you could make that sound so loving creepy! :argh:

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

Rex Deckard posted:

I watched it again recently and realized that the violinist is Timothy Carhart, who can be seen in almost every tv show ever as a guest star. Or as the guy killed by Danny Glover at the beginning of Witness.

I know him best (outside of GB) from Thelma and Louise, where he also plays a guy whose romantic intentions are found less-than-desirable to our protagonist.

As for Lorenzo Music, I used to watch Ghostbusters AND Garfield on Saturday mornings, my favorite cartoon shows. I absolutely cannot, CANNOT believe I never noticed it was the same voice. The funny thing is, I was savvy enough even at the time to know that Garfield was voiced by a somewhat-famous voice actor named Lorenzo Music... all I woulda had to do is scan the credits of the Ghostbusters episodes...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VdqOrhPdIo

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

That was special. I don't know what to say other than that. Watching Frank Welker work in a documentary narrated by Rolf Harris. Made my day.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Icon-Cat posted:

As for Lorenzo Music, I used to watch Ghostbusters AND Garfield on Saturday mornings, my favorite cartoon shows. I absolutely cannot, CANNOT believe I never noticed it was the same voice. The funny thing is, I was savvy enough even at the time to know that Garfield was voiced by a somewhat-famous voice actor named Lorenzo Music... all I woulda had to do is scan the credits of the Ghostbusters episodes...

Well, eventually Music was replaced by Dave Coulier, also known as Uncle Joey. So, it might not have been him!

egon_beeblebrox
Feb 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

YourEvilTw1n posted:

Well, eventually Music was replaced by Dave Coulier, also known as Uncle Joey. So, it might not have been him!

Yeah, by the time my memory kicks in regarding Saturday morning cartoons, it was definitely Coulier-episodes. Looking back on them, they are awful, aside from that musical Halloween episode, and the ones with vampires fighting werewolves. I mean, I don't know WHO thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey! What if the Ghostbusters fought unlicensed ghost copies of the Simpsons family?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My favourite 2 episodes were the second time Samhein appears (When Halloween was Forever 2?) and the one where they have to deal with the devil and it's that psycho game show. Dib Devlin scared the crap out of me, even more so than the Boogeyman.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

I had no loving clue Frank Welker did the voice of Slimer. Makes sense looking back on it, but holllly crap.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I had no loving clue Frank Welker did the voice of Slimer. Makes sense looking back on it, but holllly crap.

Frank Welker does drat near every voice. Do you have a cat or dog? Frank Welker is voicing it in real time, and being paid handsomely for it.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Phy posted:

Frank Welker does drat near every voice. Do you have a cat or dog? Frank Welker is voicing it in real time, and being paid handsomely for it.

He invented barking actually. Dogs were all silent before he came along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

and the ones with vampires fighting werewolves.

Harry Knowles, I presume?

quote:

I mean, I don't know WHO thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey! What if the Ghostbusters fought unlicensed ghost copies of the Simpsons family?"

... What?!

• Locked thread