Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Ghostbusters 2 is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Firing up Howard Huntsberry's cover of Jackie Wilson's "Higher and Higher" in the slime-coated Statue of Liberty tops anything in either movie.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Vigo is like seven feet tall max.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Well it kinda passes through him.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Lobok posted:

If that's in answer to my post about busting, I agree, and is why Viggo's death doesn't pack as much punch and ties into why the OP considers the sequel a let down. I understand that they were downplaying the proton packs in favour of the new slime gun toy, but he just falls into infinity and then explodes? And not even a big satisfying, dangerous explosion, but one seen and contained entirely within a painting? I really don't know why they didn't weaken him with the slime, as shown, and then pulled him into a trap. Hell, have Dana stomp open the trap or something.

Nah I was joking because echo said the second movie had a one hundred foot monster.

And man it's scary when Ray gets turned!

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Uhhh the Statue of Liberty scene is one of the greatest in film history (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg6wPcHukvk&feature=related) and certainly fits in the whole I LOVE NEW YORK stuff.

I hate New York, by the way.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
No doubt man I get super pumped during the scene I linked even as someone who hates the city. I could watch the first thirty seconds of that as a loop for hours.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I literally watched the movies back to back every day when I was three and four.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I'm slick as gently caress that's why I like the second one more.

What the hell? There's a poster named John Wilkes Booth?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The Scolari brothers!
Friends of yours?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I hate the parts where you have to zap tons of tiny ghosts.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Life Aquatic isn't funny.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
That's the entire point of the scene...

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Can't see you coming in the dark.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Nah the worst part is having to shoot tiny ghost after tiny ghost.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I like the one where the Bogeyman turned them into children.

Did that episode actually happen?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, it's the Egon one. I haven't even seen an episode of the show in two decades. Was there another one where they help a fat ghost (Orson Welles but no little kid knows this) find his sled Rosebud?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
haha just today at work I was thinking about how annoying it is that there's an Anime and Manga section, Fan Fiction, and like Furry section for everything. Nobody wants to read about your weirdo poo poo, you gently caress ups.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Somewhat off topic, but why does AMC censor language? Isn't it a cable channel? (I have DirecTV so I'm not aware).

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
That's why I was curious, I knew there was cursing on their own shows.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I thought Onion's AV Club was a bunch of nerds, what the hell is up with that review?

haha dude's never seen Terminator. Her opinion is of no consequence.

Nuke Goes KABOOM fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 17, 2009

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

My favorite part is that Mr. Stay-Puft the effeminate sailor comes from Ray's unsuccessfully repressed Summer Camp memories.

This isn't even close to insinuated by the movie.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Who wants dead cold ethereal lips around his willy?

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
No it's because it's a ghost.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

A succubus attacks a guy with oral sex, and your analysis of the subtext is "ghosts are scary."

Ghosts are scary. It's also disgusting that a dead person is trying to fornicate with you. Any of the characters would've reacted in the same fashion. It's like saying it would be childlike to push away a reanimated hot chick - normal people don't wanna gently caress corpses.

Adrianics posted:

We've been due a forum name change for a while now, and thanks to this thread I humbly submit:

Cinema Discusso: That obviously adds a great deal of weird connotations to lines like "let's show this bitch how we do things downtown."

It still needs to be changed to Cinema Discusso: DEY EATIN ICE CREAM.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I never knew Donald Glover's name until just now. I've been watching him for years on youtube because of his sketch comedy (I believe the fat guy in his group is now on SNL).

Patton Oswalt and Posehn would be terrible.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
He was gonna be Slimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Possessed by Slimer.

• Locked thread