Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Tender Bender posted:

This thread inspired me to watch it again, and goddamn I love this movie. So many good lines.

"Don't look in the trap!"
"I looked in the trap, Ray!"

"Many shuvs and zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the slor that day, I can tell you!"

EDIT: I don't think any scene gets me as pumped up as when the Ghostbusters show up at Dana's apartment, with the music pumping and the crowd cheering, you can't help but grin. I bring this up every time I get the chance but that crowd is the most authentic movie crowd ever, you really feel like they love these guys and are thrilled to see them, not that they're paid extras who are clapping on command. There's the screaming fans, then the rabbis and hare krishnas and whoever else just standing around doing their thing. And that "saving the day" song is such pure 80's awesomeness.

That song is the best on either soundtrack. I was really dissapointed they didn't use it in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I always wondered if the guy with the nasal spray at the scene when Peter comes up to Dana at the fountain is supposed to be Oscar's dad.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I hope to see some new ghostbusters merch this Halloween season. This isn't an excuse to bump the thread. Nope.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
If the ghostbusters didn't successfully send Gozer back to wherever, would Vigo still have tried to come back? Would it just be those two fighting?

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Confession: when it came out, 5 year old me preferred GB2 because it was more like the cartoon

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

This is going to come off as sexist, but I want nothing to do with a reboot featuring an all female or predominantly female cast. Bridesmaids and the like just seem too "GIRLS FART TOO! PERIODS AMIRIGHT!" for me

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I made this:

https://www.change.org/p/sony-pictures-say-no-to-an-all-female-ghostbusters

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

cams posted:

Did you really make this or are you linking it cause it's funny?

I'm gonna assume no, you actually made it. In which case, haha.

I'm waiting for someone to cry sexism

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Icon-Cat posted:

Just, for the love of God, keep Melissa McCarthy out of it.

You know drat well that her and wiig don't even have to audition.

I really don't want to see "girls fart too! vibrators and drinking! also ghosts", because that's what I assume this dude's movies are entirely made of

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I want an all male Sailor Moon reboot. It's only fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

computer parts posted:

And why isn't there a white history month?

Yea... Wait, that's different. We're talking about genderswapping beloved childhood franchises

• Locked thread