Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

drat. Wish Janine had looked like that in the movie. I believe I have finally uncovered where my red-head preference began.

Unsettling.

I freely admit my love of redheads is because of 2 animated characters. Janine from Ghostbusters and Scarlett from GI Joe. Fess up goons, Cinnamon and I can't be alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jay Dub posted:

Oh god... When I was little, that was MY version of the Boogeyman, and it scared me shitless.

For some reason the Sandman scared the poo poo out of me more than the Boogieman.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

McSpanky posted:

I believe April O'Neil qualifies for this as well. But it only makes sense, as heroes prefer reds, one way or the other.

I thought April was a brunette? Jesus. The more you know....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ProfZoom posted:

This thread has gotten me on a Ghostbusters kick.

Agreed, I've been revisiting all the RGB cartoons, and hit a WTF moment. In "Adventures in Slime and Space", Slimer begins to rapidly multiply. On the side of the road, for no apparent reason, are the Three Stooges :wtc:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

YourEvilTw1n posted:

His voice was haunting.

It was like Megatron with laryngitis. drat you Frank Welker for being so loving talented that you could make that sound so loving creepy! :argh:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

echoplex posted:

One of you lot, lend me twenty thousand dollars right the gently caress now.

Look at it. Looook at it.

So, if we all pitched in 10 bux....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ghostbusters is on AMC right now if you don't mind commercial breaks and some language censorship. And honestly, I wonder how they did the library cards ejecting trick....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

haveblue posted:

Jets of compressed air hidden in the drawers. It's in the DVD commentary.

Actually haven't listened to the commentary yet, and my copy's worn out :blush:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Holy poo poo, GB2 is on AMC now. It's the Xmas in September.

And I don't know how I never noticed Kevin Dunn was the "psychic" predicting the end of the world at New Years Eve. :psyduck:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

McSpanky posted:

I maintain that this is better than the original line.

Agreed. I mean, I've seen some agressive pussy eating, but nothing that would leave a scar.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Detective No. 27 posted:

At least TCM is still a perfect channel. I hope it doesn't go to poo poo whenever Ted Turner dies.

Perfect? I caught Earth vs The Spider on there last week. Yes. That one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

"Let me tell you a little bit about myself, I'm butt ugly, I drive a truck and I HATE Spiders!"

That movie rules :colbert:

Only if you are watching it with Joel, Tom, and Crow. :colbert:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Has anyone else picked up Ghostbusters: The Other Side yet? It's not a bad little graphic novel with the guys going up against the ghostly versions of Capone, Luciano, Lansky, and Seigel. Also, it has a fantastic :wtf: moment right at the start.

Also, Winston's girlfriend is smoking hot.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's probably the greatest thing I've seen all year.

:aaaaa: Agreed. I'm almost tempted to crop out Venkman for a new avatar.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

haveblue posted:

If Ensign_Ricky doesn't want Venkman, I'll get him with "Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

I'll cede the honor to you haveblue. Go nuts!

edit:

However...if someone could shrink down Stay Puft...and actually make him walk....I'd be on that like marshmellow goo on Walter Peck.

return of edit:

And if that someone succeeded, I'm sure I could scrape together a gift cert of some sort....

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 8, 2009

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cdishwalla posted:

Bloody Disgusting seems positive that he and Sigourney are returning, but has anyone else confirmed this? And didn't they both turn down doing the video game?

The funny thing is, a plot about them reopening after so many years would totally make sense for this movie, whereas with part II everyone went "huh?" when it started off with everything back to square one.

Sigourney turned it down because she thought Murray wasn't involved. By the time she realized her error/Murray changed his mind, they'd already signed Alyssa Milano.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

Today I had a can of Ghostbusters energy drink.

It was amazing.

I hope I pee slime.

I've seen this in my local comic shop...can u describe the flavor in more detail? Or should I just trust you on it and grab a can next time I'm there?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

They would be exposing themselves!

Someone else can say it...

And you don't want us exposing ourselves!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

Just trust me.

Ok, I trusted you.

Holy gently caress, I have a new favorite drink! Wonder how it mixes with booze?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

penismightier posted:

Really? In this whole thread only SMG accepts that Ray is supposed to be the child-like one?

Only SMG accepts that

SuperMechaGodzilla posted:

Ray is the feminine one,

It's been generally accepted for 25 years that Ray is the child-like one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Yoshifan823 posted:

Throw in Zooey Deshanel as some eyecandy/love interest, and have the villain be Hugh Laurie, and you have a movie that I would watch the poo poo out of.

I would watch the poo poo out of a Ghostbusters movie where the big baddie is Hugh Laurie.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So is Ramis going on a crash diet before filming, or is it going to be explained by Egon's sweet tooth?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

WeWereSchizo posted:

Die Hard > Die Hard: With A Vengeance > Die Harder > Live Free or Die Hard

My use of mathematical symbols means it's scientifically proven.

This man speaks truth. He is the Stephen Hawking of the Die Hard Awesomeness Scale.

Not sarcasm.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, we can officially move the Die Hard talk to where it rightfully belongs.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Icon-Cat posted:

Why is the car in the diagram parked outside the Hill Valley Courthouse :tinfoil:

It's getting ready to accelerate to 88mph. Duh.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Timby posted:

Look, if the pitch was good enough to get the four guys back together, plus Reitman agreeing to the director's chair

Hell, if its good enough to drag Moranis out of his self-imposed exile....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ugly little spud, isn't he? But the kids love him.

Conan or ET?:smug:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Die Laughing posted:

We might not like it, but throw a proton pack on Seth Rogen, or Michael Cera

I could live with either of those casting choices. But god help the casting director who says "Hey you know who would be really good in this? Shia LaBouef!"

Because I will drive from Canada to Hollywood. And I will kill him. When the customs agent asks me "Purpose of visit?" I will reply "Murder to prevent Shia TheBeef from being in a lovely remake of Ghostbusters." And they will let me through, because no loving jury in the world would convict me.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The_Doctor posted:

Ghostbusters: Spectral Victims Unit
:doink:

Hey, I'm already working on a similar concept!:argh:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MokBa posted:

Honestly, Chris Meloni would make a fantastic Ghostbuster.

I would watch this unashamedly to watch him physically beat ghosts to a pulp.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lobok posted:

I typed this up for some friends last year. Just realized this thread's been around for quite a while and forgot to post it.

"Ghostbusters 2 is not so much about fighting ghosts as it is about American xenophobia and how to combat it. We see the weird, anational, cross-dressing foreigner trying to pass himself off as an American (“Upper Vest Side”), steal or kidnap American women and children (Dana and Oscar), steal American culture (the museum), turn Americans on themselves (the slime), and bring about the end of the world for the sole purpose of hedonistic pleasures promised to him by his evil prophet/demi-god Viggo.

We also see Dana as a single mother, and even though she is intelligent, cultured, talented, and financially independent, and even though she originally left Peter because of his immature rejection of commitment - plus the fact that for most of his career he’s been either bilking or bullshitting people about the very topics of which she is intently skeptical - the "right" thing of course at the end of the movie is that she needs a man in her life, and so they get together and Peter becomes the child’s father, proving himself mostly by saving the world.

And how they save the world is the most fun part. Against the weird foreigner and his evil demi-god, the Ghostbusters’ usual brand of science fails utterly. Instead, and without exaggeration, they bring Liberty to life using the power of good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll. Yes, the statue’s symbolic flame of freedom bursts into real fire through the inoffensive, non-sexual pop appeal of a Jackie Wilson song. It's used first to inspire and dazzle a crowd of otherwise-big-city assholes, and then to smash through the barrier and the plans of the evil foreigner and his demi-god."

Quit pretending to be other people, SMG!:argh:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Aren't you optimistic.

The alternative is depressing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I will argue that one of the greatest things to come from GB2 was the giant Vigo painting in the recent video game that randomly insults you when you interact with it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Wow. I can't believe they actually sculpted the terror dog statues seeing as at no point do any of the actors actually interact with them. Columbia must have poo poo a loving brick when they realized that.

That being said, I want a pair on either side of my driveway.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Cross-posting from GBS because it's appropriate, and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
^^SERGIO!

My only complaint about the Ghostbusters game is that I wanted it to be more Open World/sandboxy. Exploring New York and busting ghosts on the fly sort of thing with various story progression hotspots.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Found this in the PYF Funny Pictures thread, and holy poo poo, this is the epitome of :3

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

McSpanky posted:

It's Mr. Stay-Puft wearing a Bane mask.

Swing and a miss.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MrJacobs posted:

Yes and no. Stay Puft made no goddamn sense since he was literally Gozer and they stopped him dead. But some moron writer or exectutive said "gently caress that poo poo, we need to sell toys" and he showed up in the Cartoon fighting a giant inflatable mantis Kaiju movie style.

To be fair, 99% of the toys did not actually show up in the cartoon. And vice versa too, or I would've had a loving awesome Cthulhu toy growing up.

But back to new news, I think Lord and Miller are possibly the only directors in Hollywood right now that kind of at least get what made Ghostbusters great. And they've got enough juice at this point to get some good loving people involved. But I demand that all ghost effects be done like they were for the original, no goddamned CGI. Those ghosts looked thousands of times better than the digital vomit that was Casper (for example, that's the only CG ghost I can think of off the top of my head.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lobok posted:

Lord of the Rings?

Ok, granted. I totally forgot about those ones, and yeah, they looked pretty good. Although my impression was that they were mo-capped as opposed to pure digital creations.

• Locked thread