Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Encryptic posted:

That's a big Twinkie.

We could be on the verge of a fourfold crossrip! A PKE surge of incredible, even dangerous proportions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Flatscan posted:

It's only showing at Bolton. drat you for getting my hopes up :argh:

Holy loving poo poo! I knew there was a reason I moved here! That's awesome!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Does any one know what the online community is like for the 360 version of the game?

I'm in the UK, and it's only just been released over here, I'd love to buy it, but I'm cautious of the fact that the multiplayer might be pretty dead now, especially the co-op campaign.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm going to say something now that might seem blasphemous...

I'd rather they just remake Ghostbusters with a whole new cast/set pieces/script, etc than make a new sequel.

My reason being that if they have to continue the franchise I'd rather not see the original characters struggling with age and becoming obsolete, and if they remake it I'll still always have the original film while giving a potentially good film a new start.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'd add a back button, you've got the NEXT button, but no PREVIOUS one. I know it's built into browsers but you never know what quirk the user might be struggling with that makes them wish you'd included it.

Also I think the font is a little heavy and could use more spacing. Very good otherwise.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Icon-Cat posted:

This is staying a web-only project for now —— I have specific reasons for not making a PDF or eBook or anything that can be 'permanent' (i.e. uneditable) or independently spreadable. I'm aware that this will cost me some readers, although hopefully the site is at least mildly manageable on an iPad or a similar gadget.

PriorMarcus - by spacing, do you mean the space between letters, or between lines in a paragraph?

Lines in a paragraph, it's a little cluttered to the eye right now. I'd either choose a San-serif font or bump up the line spacing a notch. Nothing massive, just so it's easier on the eye.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Icon-Cat posted:

I bumped up the line-height to 135%. Hope that helps! (I finally learned some basic CSS for this project. None of my Web projects will ever win a prize for visual sophistication but at least it keeps me from cluttering things up with eight million social media buttons.)

Reposting the link for the top of the page:

"Overthinking Ghostbusters"
http://www.runleiarun.com/ghostbusters

^ That's right, it's here! Read, enjoy, love, share and write to the National Film Registry! Hooray!

That much better man. Thanks for taking my advice.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Scroto Baggins posted:

The website is https://www.hyphenate.me but here's a quick link to the GB poster. The size is 11x17, and I'm selling them for $16. But leave me a comment or email me, we can work something out. I also have a Ghostbusters 2 inspired poster, but I haven't "officially" posted that yet. But here it is!

This looks like a Bill & Ted/Ghostbusters crossover poster, and there's way to much wasted space on the first one. What was you're reasoning behind the abundance of black space and the faux-paper texture in relation to the themes, visual motifs and look of the film itself?

You should post about these in the movie posters thread as well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Swing and a miss.

But that's exactly what it is.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really hope this gets funded :toot:

Nope. Even if it did get funded, which it won't, the idea of this random guy being able to achieve any of this is loving retarded.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SubponticatePoster posted:

I thought Murray seemed really flat at the beginning but he kinda warmed up. Also this time you could get Sigourney Weaver since she skipped the last one on a misunderstanding.

But then you'd have to get rid of Holly Marie Combs' awesome new character. They spent a lot of time devloping her.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lallander posted:

There is nothing else he could have done to calm down a sex crazed demon for that long. Nope nothing at all.

I know he's kind of sleazy, and the scene where he calls Egon really implies it, but I don't like interrupting the scene that way at all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I love that all of the gibberish in Ghostbusters sounds legitimate. It's really well written nonsense and lends an incredible weight to the world.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Dan Akroyd is so massively into his occult readings that some of it is based on actual theory, right?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

umalt posted:

Alright, it's agreed, we'll do a 'Meet Dave' style reboot of Ghostbusters starring Aisha Tyler.

What is up with everyone's affection for this actor? I can only remember her from Friends and a voice in Archer. Plus, I guess, cringingly trying to promote video games.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

So, wait... You'd have a show about Ghostbusters, but the first season wouldn't have them in it, at least primarily?

And it wouldn't be a comedy either, but instead a dark cop drama with scenes of incest, rape and child murder.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And it looks drat fine completed too.

Here's some modifications I made.

The exterior of the set is exactly the same, except for some shaping changes to the roof rack to be more screen accurate. Neither the engine or the interior affect the outside view of the model.

The bonnet lifts up and the engine is as accurate to the real Ecto One as I could make it with my pieces and the front seats are adjustable. It now seats all four Ghostbusters and the packs.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Really? The doors don't open? You can't put the guys inside? Don't they realize that Legos are supposed to be toys?

The roof is designed to come off, and you can fit three of the guys inside on the normal model - I think. The doors don't open simply because of the construction of the sides of the car, it wouldn't really be feasible.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is that a real quote though?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Ehud posted:

A reboot could still include events from the original story. The four girls could answer an ad put out by Dan Akroyd or something.

Eh, this is probably gonna suck.

That's a sequel, not a reboot.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

They had their chance at putting it in extremely talented hands with Lord and Miller but they left because the script they had to work from was loving awful, so what is it about this project that means they can throw that out and start from scratch except the gimmicky allure of all women?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The thing that makes me doubt the film being any good is simply every one involved, not wether the cast have no docks.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

It's true. This man has no dock.

Cheech Marin did.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

echoplex posted:

Well at the very least, you've got the title of your book covered.

Print is dead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

If I wanted to read the IDW comics, where should start and where would I find them? If the beginning is good and still easily available I'd like to start there, but if the continuity is all over the place and theirs a good jumping in point I guess that's cool too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Yeah, I guess. But I mean, I'm well-aware that it's also silly for Vigo to be a painting.

Yeah, but you're also totally correct for thinking the Nanny Ghost is dumb nonsense, which feels left in from a previous rewrite or some ill guided attempt to make kids laugh at a man dressed as a woman.

I've no idea why everyone here is defending it and fan wanking an explanation.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

A Ghostbusters remake could be good. I would love to see a good Ghostbusters remake.

Or sequel. Or reboot. Or re-imagining.

However, I don't believe that the creative talent lined up for this one will make a good Ghostbusters remake, and everything I've heard about it's story tells me that the things I'd like to see adhered too - the working class characters, the rich (hinted at) history of the paranormal, the tight scripting mixed with clevel improv - won't make it into the remake.

I would've rather had the Miller and Lord version of the film made, as I liked the premise behind that one, and I'm disappointed were getting this version instead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Modus Operandi posted:

... that will appeal to the female teen to early 20's demographic that would never go see Ghostbusters to begin with.

Tatum and Pratt would pull in more of this audience than Wigg and co.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mystery Steve posted:

The new proton pack is not as offensive as I thought it would be however it looks like it was designed and built by a fan of steam punk. It looks too aged and a bit crusty, perhaps that will be a thing reclaimed experimental hardware? The original looks like a real piece of working kit accented with standard components. I guess its better than what I was dreading, the 2.0 proton pack.

Well by the time the new film starts the Ghostbusters have been opperational for awhile, with not much income. It kind of makes sense their hardware would be a lot more worn out and in disrepair. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if we do get an iProton Pack later in the film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The thing that stops audiences from suspending disbelief in Ghostbusters 2 isn't the Slime and Vigo, and DMJ is an awful idea. The roadblock instead is where the characters find themselves. We are asked to accept that the Ghostbusters have fallen from grace, that Dana and Peter had a kid (possibly) and that, most incredulously of all, Dana now works at a museum and is once again being menaced by an ancient evil.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sockser posted:

Would it please you more to know that the piece was first made for Doc Emmett Brown?

No it isnt. It's the Twelth Doctors hair from the Lego Ideas Tardis set, the new Doc Brown hair piece is white and unique to that character.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Timby posted:

That doesn't make any sense; it's the same hairpiece as Venkman had in the Ecto-1 set, which came out long before anything Doctor Who-related.

No it isn't. The old hair piece was originally used for the Joker and, yes, was used for both Venkman and Doc Brown. However the much more suitable piece used in the Firehouse set and Dimensions pack is the Twelth Doctor piece, while Doc Brown gets his own unique hair piece with his Dimensions pack.

EDIT:

The new figure, including a slightly improved face print, is on the left. The back print on the torso is also different.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 19, 2016

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sockser posted:

drat. You got me.

I'm not proud.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. It may be a buncha bullshit, but it's the terminology they use. I've been looking that poo poo up for a script I'm writing. It adds a nice little insane layer to it.

Got any good links?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

We've already seen the new Slimer design at Toy Fair.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Yeah, sorry. I really wanted to be open minded and like this but it looks awful. I just have no interest in that sort of humour, and it definitely doesn't have the same comedy as the original unless that trailer is massively mis marketing it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

"Well golly gee I don't know no science magic like you white ladies but I sho nuff make up for it with street smarts!"

I couldn't of said it better myself.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

It's 100% the firehouse, and I'd bet the film turns out to be a sequel/reboot.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Oh cool, it's the man that comes up with the idea to actually, you know, bust ghost.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I feel like not enough praise is being given to the original ghostbusters effects . The designs are pretty drat neat.

Yeah. Ignoring the practical vs CGI debate that vomiting lady ghost looks a hell of a lot more boring and unimaginative than the librarian ghost does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

I mean, I get what people are saying, but all accounts say that they really shot that woman floating in the air with a bunch of LEDs in her dress, and then gussied it up with CGI later. She's even more in the same physical space as the actors than Slimer, the Scolari Brothers, or the Devil Dogs EVER were.

She's so over saturated though that she no longer looks like that. That's what people are really picking up on. It's the same problem Jurassic World had with it's colour grade.

• Locked thread