Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Die Laughing posted:

Was I the only one that assumed that Oscar was Louis and Dana's son after they got all sorts of keymaster and gatekeeper freaky?

GB2 takes place five years after the first one. If Oscar was the result of Zuul sex, he'd be at least four years old, but he's still just an infant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Reminds me of the time I realized "Go get her, Ray!" was a callback to "GET HER!"

I wondered how I missed it on my first hundred viewings.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah who are we kidding? If this poo poo ever gets made it's going to star Dane Cook, Russell Brand, and Jack Black. With Olivia Munn as the love interest and Steve-O as Louis Tully.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Well that's what I heard!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I looked at the trap, Ray.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Does Ecto Cooler still exist under a new name?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The C64 game was amazing. I loved the franchise building aspect of it, with you spending money on equipment and better cars. I wish the new game had stuff like that in it.

Also pressing spacebar on the title screen to play the lovely staticy "GHOSTBUSTERS!" sound clip.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Best part of that movie is when Digital Underground shows up for no reason and performs "Same Song"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That scene in the mayor's office has to be in my top 5 favorite movie scenes of all time.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

"That blue thing I got from her."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Gremlins was a Christmas movie too, and came out in June (same day as GB1)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Parlett316 posted:

Give me a list of reboot/remakes that were good

Scarface
Batman Begins
Oceans 11
The Departed

Comedy remakes are universally awful though.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Parlett316 posted:

The cast can be all loving monkeys as long as they stay true to the original movies characters and plots.

They should just make a movie based on that other Ghostbusters franchise where one of them actually was a monkey.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

roffels posted:

Bill Murray should play the mayor, or a bureaucratic rear end in a top hat.

I'd like to see David Margulies be the only returning actor from the original movies, inexplicably still the mayor of New York thirty years later.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

80's era Ford Country Squire. Something with wood paneling.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

As a kid, one of my best friends would hide behind a chair for the "get her!" scene EVERY TIME. We literally watched that movie every day and it still scared him on the 300th viewing. He did the same thing during the Thriller video too.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I think the trap thing is just a joke about how people will do something immediately after being warned not to, like that Seinfeld scene with Elaine touching the hot plate.

The line that I don't get is Ray going "crossssss the streeeeams" like he's in a trance.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Oops wrong thread

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That reminds me of a part that always feels awkward to me. After Peter checks Dana's fridge and finds no monsters and they have the "I don't think you're crazy" exchange, it cuts to them in the living room and they're suddenly in the middle of an argument with her saying he needs to leave. I think the living room scene was originally longer with a build-up to the fight but they cut the beginning.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every internet user's god-given right!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Louis Tully is the only character in the movie who seems too wacky to be a real person, although it's hilarious anyway.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

AlliedBiscuit posted:

World of the Psychic is great. That stuff all flew over my head until I was in high school. That and the fact that the guy was kinda right about when the world would end.

Next week: Hairless pets. Weird.

Also, Bassmasters.

And according to the woman, it's going to end on Valentine's Day of next year. Someone should organize one of those Ghostbusters conventions on that date at the Holiday Inn in Paramus.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 31, 2015

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

David Hasselhoff should have played Gozer

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

You're forgetting all the black guys in the jail scene! :v:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Poltergeist 2 is another house. 3 is an apartment building.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The ghost logo looks slightly off in the new pictures. It's like they made the red circle and bar thinner but kept everything else the same. It looks like counterfeit merchandise.

Clearly the entire movie will suck because of this.
:goonsay:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Citizen Ghost is probably the best RGB ep, but I remember being bothered by the entity in 'Drool the Dog Faced Goblin'.

Plus this promo art is the coolest thing:

Holy crap this image just reminded me of the Real Ghostbusters board game, which I have not thought about in 25 years.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo Michael K. Williams is in this too?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Indeed he is. As another goon put it so well, "EPA comin'".

"Yes it's true, this man got no code."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

What are these people?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Why shouldn't I invest in Baltic?"
"It would be bad"
"I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing... what do you mean 'bad'?"

"If nothing happens we go to jail. Quietly, peacefully, we'll enjoy it. We won't pass Go, we won't collect $200."

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I'm guessing some ghostly force causes the logo on the side of the Ecto-1 to come to life and jump out, like in GB2 with that woman's fur coat.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

You can keep the five bucks!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

You're right. No human being would place velvet ropes like this.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That crowd shot of the blue ghosts in old timey clothes is actual people, not CGI. I know this because one of the ghosts is the police commissioner from my city who spends his spare time playing extras in movies.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The only thing I can think of in the original movie that I would consider "slapstick" is Peck getting dumped with a shitload of marshmallow.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the patriarchy, and now it looks like it may actually happen!

...so be good, for goodness sake.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Does he really say "choosed?"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I like Twinkies and Ghostbusters, but those sound disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Nice hat.

• Locked thread