Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boogs posted:

My favourite joke is still this one. I never got the joke when I watched it as a kid, probably because I wasn't paying attention, but the way Venkman and Egon squirm together into the corner of the elevator, as if two feet extra distance is going to save them from a nuclear explosion, is hilarious.

I just rewatched Ghostbusters about a week ago with my friend, and it was the first time I had noticed this joke.

I know there were a lot of jokes that I missed or went over my head as a kid. It's tough finding them as an adult as you just get so used to it as a kid, that it's the same.

I also did notice the smoking this time that I had never noticed before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

It works best when you imagine Aykroyd looking at Ernie Hudson, and saying "You're black!" with an excited face, in the same tone as he did about the pole in the firehouse at the beginning.

That is exactly how I imagined it :3:

Now I wish I had a copy of this book for myself :(

EDIT:

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, I did a google search for Tobin's Spirit Guide a while back and found a site that had scanned an old movie tie-in book or something like that in full. It was pretty neat to read. Lots of info including a foreward written by Ray Stantz.

EDIT: Here it is, first hit in the google search. http://www.ghostbustersinternational.com/tobins.htm

This is actually a supplement for a Ghostbusters based roleplaying game, sadly I know nothing about it. West End Games actually published the original Star Wars RPGs, and a Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles one (complete with a list of sexual deviancies) as well. An interesting fact is that most of the species names like Twi'lek, Rodian, and Gamorrean are now cannon, but they were coined by West End Games.

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 16, 2009

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Since we're talking about Real Ghostbusters ghosts scaring the poo poo out of us, I'll contribute.

There was an episode where Slimer ran away and got hooked up with a big yellow ghost that may or may not have been wearing a top hat. Said ghost would attract other disaffected ghosts and then pretty much eat them through osmosis.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Yeah, that guy was pretty loving creepy. Samhain too.

Apparently my scared the poo poo out of me ghost was called Ghash/Mr. Ugly:
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ghash

An interesting coincidence is that he appeared in the episode Slimer Come Home, my least favorite as a kid, which was the first episode that aired written by JMS. The episode before it Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood, was my favorite from when I was a kid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boomerjinks posted:

The "models" for the calendar were also (usually) strippers from Ohio.

I'm just going to say that I am very surprised that I don't see a particular someone I know on that calendar.

• Locked thread