Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
Siiiiigh. Every time I think mom is getting more progressive she sends me a forward and I cry a little bit.

quote:

Payback is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WRITE IT ON THE BACK OF YOUR ENVELOPES
or front

WE THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. WE'LL START WRITING IT ON THE
FRONT OF OUR ENVELOPES, TOO! ----------Including Bills

You may have heard in the news that a couple of Post Offic es in Texas have been forced to take down small posters that say

'IN GOD WE TRUST ,'
The law,they say, is being violated.

Anyway, we heard proposed on a radio station show, that we should all write

' IN GOD WE TRUST'
on the back of all our mail.

After all, that's our National Motto, and -----
all the money we use to buy stamps.
We think it's a wonderful idea.
We must take back our nation from all the people who think that anything that offends them should be removed.

If you like this idea, please pass it on and DO IT. The idea of writing or stamping.........
'IN GOD WE TRUST '
on our envelopes sounds good to us ...

SOME PEOPLE ARE HAVING A STAMP MADE TOO........
lets use it as our signature on e-mails, too!
It's been reported that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, we have a very hard time und erstanding why there's such a mess about having '
In God We Trust!'
on our money and having God in the pledge of Allegiance.

Could it be that WE just need to take action and tell the 14% to 'sit down and shut up'?

If you agree, pass this on, if not, delete!!!

BUT REMEMBER IF YOU DELETE THIS,

thats one reason why this world is in the mess we're in now.

WE SIT BACK & LET IT HAPPEN!!

IN GOD WE TRUST

Complete with RANDOM CAPITALS and LOTS AND LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!! OH GOD ANTI-CHRISTIAN SENTIMENT DERP

My response. Yeah, I know it's hosed up a bit in the center, but I have a headache, okay? :smith:

quote:

Believe it or not, they really are in violation of the law. The separation of church and state is, in fact, respected and upheld jurisprudence, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States#Supreme_Court_since_1947 and the accompanying rest of the page for examples. The post office is a government facility, and display of religious things, this including pagan, muslim, buddhist, catholic, protestant, taoist, discordian, subgenii, and even greco-bloody-roman iconography. This is not intolerance. This is not about hating christianity. This is not about marginalizing people, putting down their beliefs, or anything of the sort.

It's about upholding the law, plain and simple. How would you feel if you went in to a government building and there were satanist (yes, this is a recognized religion by the united states government) iconography present, be it in the form of quotes, pictures, or anything else? Or a buddhist shrine present? Or... well, any other religion at all? Just because you agree with the message doesn't mean it's got a right to be there.

Others would agree with the other religious iconography being there if it was their religion being represented, but I guarantee if the person that started this email saw it, they'd have an aneurysm on the spot, and there would be an outcry of 'RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE IN MA GOVERNMENT BUILDIN' OH MA GAWD' and would pitch a fit about the government sponsoring religion. It's amazing how when a person agrees with the message, they can blind themselves to the medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU