Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunuin
Aug 8, 2009

It's late, I just posted a new thread and hosed up the title...it is missing a "thing" in the middle of the title...is there a mod that can help? I went back to edit after posting, and well I can't edit the title...

Title should read, "There is no such thing as nothing"....thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunuin
Aug 8, 2009

Yeah it was a late night I saw help and thought, like many other of SAs pages, was a ask small questions or ask for help thread...sorry. And no worries I closed my lovely post anyways.

Gunuin
Aug 8, 2009

Nog64 posted:

Just for a nice anecdote in Mexico, people tend to forward emails and things in the form of powerpoints...
It was very odd to see FWD:FWD:FWD: type emails coming from somewhere outside of the Anglophone zone.

I got a forwarded power point from one of my high school students. I should have know better than to open it. It was all about how in Asia, especially in Taiwan, fetuses were eaten as delicacies. The pictures were horrible, but it turned out to be a very misunderstood art project.

WARNING: there is one picture from the exhibit on this website.
Snopes Debunk Story

Half way down this article, under the heading Cannibalism, interesting how the artist himself frames his work within the context of Christianity and modern law.
BBC Article

Sad how quickly people jump to conclusions, even to the point of creating a power point, before doing a little bit of research. The internet which allows for this massive spread of misinformation should be the tool to prevent it's spread as well, but I guess not. People want to believe what they believe.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well they're not racists man...

lol....

Gunuin fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 11, 2009