Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.

amateur economist posted:

SA should try writing it's own chain email that's just plausible enough to seem realistic, and then see how long it takes to hit our inboxes or be the subject of commentary on Glenn Beck
How about this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

I can take a picture of a better sign, there's another one that's intact and looks newer. Or you could just add that the camp was set up during the Bush administration because as every Glenn Beck fan knows, both Republicans and Democrats are part of the cancer that is progressivism that is trying to enslave us.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

On second thought, maybe it's not such a good idea - it might drive some crazy fucker over the edge.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Wanna disown that grandpa

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Armyman25 posted:

If the US tried to go back to being a closed system in a 2 year time frame, anarchy would be the result. The author of the letter wants the US economy to go back to what it was in the late 40's, without realizing all the implications of that.
What do you mean "go back to being a closed system?" At no point has the U.S. ever been "isolationist." The history of U.S. foreign policy since the very beginning of the country is one of opening and securing markets.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Brennanite posted:

I like how the source appears to be a blog. I assume this is because no news agency is interested in who the Assistant Secretary of the Office of Policy Development (which is what his real title is). Seriously, how can people believe this crap?
Pam Geller is a supporter of European neo-Nazis and has extremist anti-Muslim views. In short, she's batshit insane.

Edit: Shockingly, Simon & Schuster's conservative imprint, Threshold, is publishing a book she co-wrote.

Megiddo fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 14, 2009

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

What about the spitter? Surely, if soldiers being spat upon was not uncommon, there would be some number of those who spat on soldiers who are willing to admit doing so, and who are remorseful enough about it to apologize?

I can only find this:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/guestbook/id/122857/

quote:

...I asked him if I could give him a hug and when I did, I apologized. I apologized for not knowing about the horror for our soldiers. I apologized for spitting on his comrades; I apologized for not being a better American by being able to separate the soldier from the war.
However, I think it's unclear if she actually means that she personally spat on soldiers.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

the posted:

Interesting. Let's say, hypothetically, that ten years after he leaves office it's revealed that he in fact wasn't a citizen.

What would or could actually happen with respect to laws passed?
http://law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2009/10/14/president-chester-a-arthur-and-the-birthers-1880%E2%80%99s-style/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

That email about Eric Holder and the voter intimidation was posted but not actually addressed. Is it out of context or just outright lies?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2011/03/testifying_before_a_house_appr.html

quote:

As expected, conservatives grossly mischaracterized Holder's comments
Holder didn't say voting rights laws didn't protect whites, he suggested that comparing the NBPP case, which has yet to involve a single voter who claims to have been intimidated, to the decades long bloody struggle for black voting rights in the South was offensive.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

They're Larouche wackos. Stay far, far away from them.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

It's the political equivalent of "stop hitting yourself!"

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

dur posted:

Hahahah look at this disingenuous bullshit that's shown up a few times on my Facebook feed:

And one thing that the "Media Reasearch Council" failed to mention is that, uh, Williams never mentioned mammograms? Oh, and this:

Oops!
While it's true that PP doesn't have machines on site for doing mammograms, there are mobile mammogram facilities that PP brought in using the Komen grant money, or that they were trying to bring in until Komen decided to stop granting money. For example:

http://www.dailypress.com/health/dp-nws-pp-komen-0203-20120202,0,6384302.story

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

I can't find the email anymore, but has anyone else received the 'SONG ALL RADIO IS BANNED FROM PLAYING ON THE AIRWAYS' email?

The song, btw, is God Bless America. I remember some ranting that ever since Obama took office, any song with a Christian influence has been banned from airways because it would offend his Muslim sensibilities.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/diamondrio.asp

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

My favorite part of that Breitbart story is that they claim that it's the possible origin of the birther claims - as if anyone except for book industry-types ever even saw (let alone read) that blurb - no doubt as a way to discount the role of racism and otherism inherent in the birthers.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Nostrum posted:

Not really an email forward but this article is so badly written and full of the same FWD:FWD:FWD poo poo it might as well be.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304707604577425232476213016.html

You'd think Wall Street would be having a love affair with Obama. But the WSJ is owned by News Corp, who singular mission is "DEMOCRAT = BAD". Man, this is cognitive dissonance on a massive organizational level.
Pierre Samuel "Pete" du Pont IV, of the conservative National Center for Policy Analysis. Hosting noted truther Judge Napolitano on June 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

From CNSnews.com's about page:

Brent Bozell's Beard posted:

Media Research Center, the parent organization of CNSNews.com
"for anyone who fears propaganda" :laffo: