Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This one: http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20121205001-hospital-sick.html has been making the rounds on my Facebook page. Doing a Google search just yielded hits from breitbart, regancoaltion and other right leaning sites. Is this just a gross misinterpretation of the facts?

quote:

Obamacare: Hospitals in Trouble for Readmitting Sick Patients

12/05/12

Read how.Thanks to Obamacare, hospitals will deny care to the elderly and chronically ill to avoid big brother fines.

From Breitbart:

Hospitals who re-admit patients within 30 days after they were discharged will now have to, under an Obamacare provision, pay fines as of October 1, 2012, which could force hospitals to slash programs that help the elderly, the poor, and the chronically ill.

According to a study, "about two-thirds of the hospitals serving Medicare patients, or some 2,200 facilities, will be hit with penalties averaging around $125,000 per facility this coming year."

This provision was inserted into Obamacare as a cost-cutting measure, but it will force hospitals to give the poor, elderly, and chronically ill substandard care.

In addition, critics also note that "large teaching hospitals that are affiliated with universities" could be negatively impacted the most because these hospitals are often on the front lines in dealing with the elderly and the poor in addition to people who have mysterious illnesses who constantly need to be re-admitted to the hospital for urgent care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fish Of Doom posted:

One of my two conservative friends posted this.

I love that medical malpractice is a result of Obamacare. That's quite a jump in logic. It's almost as big of a jump as the all guns kill people idea that you're against.

I got this as a response when I basically used exactly what you said "Granted the Obama care jab is kinda stupid, I would've have cropped it out of my post if the phone would let me. Its not such a big jump in logic to compare the reaction of politicians to untimely deaths caused by a few lunatics with guns to the tragic and untimely loss of others who are victims of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and medical malpractice.
True it doesn't compare other gun related deaths but the politicians aren't trying to ban the other guns. They are trying to ban scary military style guns, which don't often cause loss of life compared with all guns or other causes of untimely death."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jesus Christ thank you so loving much for this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Token Cracker posted:

No problem. That paper is really loving rad for countering gun nuts on a number of levels.

One of the people I posted this link too accused it of having a liberal bias and then proceeded to counter with the "War of Words" video that was posted earlier in this thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ratbert90 posted:

Anytime I hear the words liberal bias or any other bias meme that the republicans have thought of, my brain shuts off and I can't continue on with the conversation anymore.

I feel the same way. This same person also linked this website http://memoryholeblog.com/2012/12/20/analyzing-the-newtown-narrative-sandy-hooks-disappearing-shooter-suspects/ and told me to get educated.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Saw this awesome pieces of poo poo posted on facebook:

Not sure why this enrages me so much, but this is coming from the same guy who thinks Sandy Hook is a false flag by the Gov't to take our guns.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 23, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is it about the Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy that is giving it so much traction across the internet? There have always been crazy convoluted conspiracy theories for everything but for some reason this one is actually breaking into mainstream discourse. Even 911 truthers never got this far. I have NEVER seen a conspiracy rant on my Facebook before this, suddenly tons of "friends" are posting that god drat video and commenting how it makes them think. This has got to be symptomatic of the general terribleness of American culture but hell if I know enough to get into it.

Because 9/11 happened under Republican watch and you know the GOP is all about telling the truth! Sandy Hook happened under Obummer and THE LIEBRAL MEDIA is not telling you the truth so Barry and the libs can take your guns. The same person that told me that I was crazy for even questioning the official story of 9/11 is a Sandy Hook is a false flag conspiracy theorist. I want to choke him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

L-O-N posted:

Good old snopes usually has the debunks.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

I can't use snopes to refute arguments because the site gets accused of "liberal media bias". Furthermore someone posted a link called "Snopes got snopes'd" which is full of bullshit thats been refuted on multiple sites. This same person also takes the site "regancoaltion" and "newsmax" as the word of God.

Is there even a way to talk to this level of crazy?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 16, 2013

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Poizen Jam posted:

Welp, I have my first contribution for this thread. This lovely video came across my Facebook.

Stop White Genocide

Thank the lord it was re soundly mocked.

This video is hilarious.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I saw a link posted to this article:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/lib-media-owes-romney-an-apology-chrysler-sends-jeep-jobs-to-china/

quote:

Lib Media Owes Romney an Apology – Chrysler Sends Jeep Jobs to China
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 3:54 PM

Remember this?
The liberal media went insane when Mitt Romney suggested that Chrysler was sending jobs to China.

Despite the Obama Campaign’s lies about the Catholic Church and Mitt Romney not paying taxes, the left-wing Politifact made Romney’s Chrysler China ad their “Lie of the year.”

Today Chrysler announced they were building Jeeps in China.
USA Today reported:

Fiat and Chrysler Group have reached an agreement to expand passenger car manufacturing and sales in China, officials said Tuesday.

Under the agreement, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. Ltd. will build one Jeep model in China for Chrysler for sale in China. A specific model was not announced.

Zeng Qinghong, general manager and chief executive of Guangzhou Automobile Group, and Mike Manley, Jeep president and CEO and head of Chrysler’s international operations, signed the agreement at Chrysler headquarters here.

In September, Guangzhou began building the Fiat Viaggio in China.

Reading this article I just laughed because whats REALLY going on is Jeep is EXPANDING there presence in China. When I pointed this out this is what ensued:

(I just realized that when I took the image my full comment wasn't seen so here it is:)
Except when you actually read the story you are citing to prove the MSM wrong, which happens to be published in the MSM, and realize that in doesn’t say what you’re trying to imply it say. Romney’s ad was criticized because it implied that Chrysler would “move” Jeep production to China, as in take American jobs and move them there. What Chrysler was actually doing is expanding its manufacturing in China, for Jeeps that will be sold in China. Just like Nissan/Honda/Toyota etc build cars in America for sale in America. Nice try

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Another one from Ralph.

quote:

Facts regarding gun control...a short history lesson. Please read how I summarized this post at the end.

LEST WE FORGET AND ALLOW HISTORY TO REPEAT ITSELF

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

GUNS IN THE HANDS OF HONEST CITIZENS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY. GUN CONTROL LAWS ONLY ADVERSELY AFFECT THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, NOT THE CRIMINALS.

My thoughts: this government just bought enough rounds of ammunition to exterminate most living things in our country including people. It would not surprise me!

I just...I just can't even begin. I think I might just defriend Ralph. I liked the guy but since 2008 he has gone loving nuts.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Has anyone heard about the "Benghazi Survivors"? One person on my FB feed rants constantly about how the Benghazi survivors need to testify instead of that "lying rear end bitch" Clinton.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Am I being to petty here? I just think this is so loving supid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would be correct in saying it's the Supreme Court that truly decides what is Constitutional right? I just want to make sure before I finish this post.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Deuce posted:

At which point does a car crash become "mysterious?"

All the hallmarks of a George Soroes funded hit squad

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I am literally speechless

quote:

This must have been a response to the liberals calling the conservatives racist! It's pretty much straight forward and in direct contradiction to that worthless Al Sharpton and his idiot sidekick Jesse Jackson (whose son is headed to prison for being a Chicago thug)!

The White Side of the Story of "Negroes."

This is the reason CNN has dropped Buchanan. It's like Newt G. said, "You’re not supposed to bring up uncomfortable Facts." (verified on Buchanan’s website)
BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
Finally.............It is said Publicly. I have never seen the white side explained better!

Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it. It is about time!

BUCHANAN TO OBAMA

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.. Jeremiah Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the 1960s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids...? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But, about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago. This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!

OK...........will you pass it on?
I am
Not racist,
Not violent,
Just not silent anymore.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

VideoTapir posted:

Do armed drill guys usually have the bolts in? Seems like it might get in the way of those drill motions they do.

They never have the bolts in. This is nothing new, but since it's Obama is a thing now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess I don't understand something, do states have to comply with Federal regulations? If they do how do bills like Alaska HB 69 “An Act exempting certain firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition in this state from federal regulation; declaring certain federal statutes, regulations, rules, and orders unconstitutional under the Constitution of the United States and unenforceable in this state; providing criminal penalties for federal officials who enforce or attempt to enforce a federal statute, regulation, rule, or order regulating certain firearms and firearm accessories in this state; and providing for an effective date.”

Is this just Alaskan Senators being blowhards or what?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Someone posted this link http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread866914/pg1 today about "9 Trillion dollars missing from the Fed". First I'm pretty sure he had no clue how the Fed actually loving works. Second this is old as poo poo but how can I explain that the Government really had no control over the Fed?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I saw the whole "OBAMA FLEW FLAGS FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON BUT NOT CHRIS KYLE" macro posted today so I responded. While typically I ignore the dumb poo poo Ralph posts and very rarely do I argue with him I take this as a personal victory!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 23, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

XyloJW posted:

Has anyone had any success with just responding "That's not true"? Your "Cite the source" strikes me as a pretty effective comment, but I wonder if going just a little further might be effective.

I honestly thought he would cite one of his BS Right wing websites he frequently posts about and I wasn't really sure what I was going to say / do if he did. The fact that he said "I ain't citing poo poo" really threw me for a loop. I almost responded to him but I figured it was better to leave well enough alone.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamn that A1C makes more than I did as a Senior Airman. The gently caress is he complaining about?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 11, 2016

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That kid doesn't even have good firing posture.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Had someone part on FB that the bombing in Boston is proof that gun control regulations are dumb.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 15, 2013

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PerniciousKnid posted:

Ugh, what is this response even supposed to mean? We should have given the assailants free guns so they could work out their frustrations at the mall blowing people's heads off, then we never would have endured this horrible tragedy!

The response after his was even worse.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Here is part two

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure what he is even saying in that post. I love that guy but he says things that I'm not even sure he knows what he means. He's a goon as well but I'm not sure how active he is on the forums

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Words can't even describe how loving angry this makes me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

He responded with "Go ahead, you blame him for everything else!" to which I pointed out that that meme attributes an act of vandalism, an industrial accident and one event I couldn't really find any info on as an attack on American soil. I then pointed out there were several industrial accidents under Bush's watch and it hasn't been 12 years if you are going to count accidents. I'm amazed he didn't mention Benghazi.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mornacale posted:

Congratulations to Newscorp for effectively creating a right-wing meme out of whole cloth by just straight up lying about a Saudi suspect though. That takes some real chops.

I've seen so much about this. Anyway to combat it?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would recommend that course of action as well

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Xombie posted:

It's really bizarre how people can say these sorts of things and still claim that there is no comparison to anti-Semitism and racism. The mental gymnastics are incredible.

Most people I know that post this kind of stuff use the "NO IT IS YOU WHO IS THE RACIST!!!!" argument when you tell they are posting stuff that's pretty drat racist

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When I pointed out that Bush took more vacations I was told "Just blame Bush for everything you goddamn liebral"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I got proselytized on a daily basis by this one rear end in a top hat in my office. I complained because hey I DON'T loving BELIEVE IN GOD, I got told to suck it up, but they said nothing to the rear end in a top hat who basically told me I was going to hell. I hope this poo poo really is happening because it would be great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Can someone explain to me how states can "nullify all federal gun regulations past, present and future"?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This got posted on FB with a challenge for me to refute it. Could I please get some help?

quote:

Obama's list of accomplishments:
-Obamacare: it's broken, too expensive, and even those that voted for it are running from it (grade: failure)
-Homeland Security: five terrorist attacks under his watch; Fast & Furious...deaths of hundreds
-Benghazi: allowed four men to be murdered in an effort to secure his reelection
-Gun Control: couldn't even get his own party on board in an effort to change the US Constitution
-Commander in Chief: failed to get our troops out of Afghanistan after promising to do so during his first campaign (actually deploying more and more to Africa everyday); failed to close Guatanamo Bay after promising to do so during his first campaign; cut military budget and forces to bare bones
-Sequestration: sacrificed careers and family incomes just to make a point and try to make the GOP look bad...all could have been avoided; promised in a debate with Romney that sequestration would not happen if he was elected...he lied
-Foreign Policy: armed and funded the Muslim Brotherhood
-Taxes: he promised no new taxes on the middle class which was not only a joke, but a blatant lie...he knew all along everyone's taxes were going to go up significantly; now supporting more sales tax on Internet sales
-Budget/Deficit: hahaha...are you kidding??? Raised the national deficit more than all previous presidents combined! Budget? We haven't had one in more than six years!
-Unemployment/Jobs: cooked the numbers until after the election, but the actual rate is around 9.8% unemployed (15% for blacks and 21% for under 25 years of age).
-Golf/Vacation: more golf and more money spent on vacations by the Obama family than any other president

What did I miss?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tibeerius posted:

In addition to what's already been posted - and if you're feeling glib - you can link to Obama's actual accomplishments:

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

Haha I just linked that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Zebras are African and Obama is black? I'm reaching I know.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/nra-gun-ownership-soars-murder-rate-plummets/

When I asked for a source citing times when gin owners actively speed crimes I got linked this. Any advice on how to counter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Pointing out that people are racist is what makes you racist.