Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The worst news is that this highly qualified mathematician actually isn't going to be helping Obama manage the budget.

I find it really weird that this guy basically states he is a network administrator and computer technician but then goes on and on about being an American Fighting Man and eating MREs and himself makes the point that he is not one of the best nor brightest because if he were then he would have jumped ship by now and found a job in the private sector.

Here's one my mom got from one of her lunatic relatives:

quote:

Subject: Ft Hood Killer advisor to Obama's Homeland Security

Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.

This murdering Muslim Terrorist who killed and wounded the soldiers and civilians at Ft Hood, Texas was an advisor to Obama's Homeland Security team. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.

I wonder how many more skeletons there are to come to of the cupboard. Who else is there in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?

http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf

Go to document's page number 29, scroll down toward the botton on the Left Column

..and my mom's response.

quote:

Good gracious. How silly, Carri, that someone as intelligent as you could fall for this. As I read it, George Washington University instituted a major think-fest on homeland security in 2008, when it was unknown whether McCain or Obama would be the next president. On the executive committee were Connie Mack (R-Fla), Edward Meese (impeccable Republican credentials), William Webster (ditto) and numerous Republican illuminati. Barrack Obama had no role in it that I can discern (and I will stand corrected if I have missed something) and best I can tell (and I may be missing something because I do not keep up with this in detail) neither were any persons known to be part of his "transition team".

So, the syllogism goes: A repubican think tank had a somewhat balanced and analytical institute on homeland security. Someone involved this nutso terrorist in the program, who knows why. Barack Obama was elected president sometime after the think tank released its findings. Ergo, Obama is involved somehow with this guy. This is lunatic thinking, Carri. A disconnect with reality.

Mind you, I think the guy was a terrorist and should be executed if anyone ever should be worthy of the death penalty (and some should). But all of his training, selection, placement on this institute as a participant, long predated Obama's election. BTW, I would not place any blame on Bush either -- he could not possibly have had any idea that this participant would turn out to be an Islamist crazy. It was cowardice in the military for failing to discern reality. Not a good thing for the military. But it was not partisan -- it occurred through republican and democractic administrations.

I may have to ask you to stop sending me silly stuff. I welcome close analysis of serious problems, but I am thinking I will stop bothering to open your emails.

I think (your dead father) would be embarrassed, frankly. He was a fact-driven empirical scientific sort who cared deeply about reality as he made sense of the world.

My mom is a pretty cool lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU