Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.
^^^^ Great lighting, I just wish they weren't squinting.

Mannequin posted:

I love this shot so much. Aside from demolishing that mailbox, I can't think of anything I'd like to see done differently.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/opJfi.jpg[url][/img]

Any feedback on post-processing or composition, even the small most detailed criticism, is welcome.

I ran from my apartment to chase some ambulances, hoping for an interesting story. Just some girl passed out on the street. But there was this guy, in his own little world, oblivious to everyone.

s0meb0dy0 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

Mest0r posted:

I think the technical bits are fine, the subject is sharp, post-processing isn't jarring, exposure looks good, but overall I think the photo is boring. I don't think there is really anything compelling about the photo, you didn't really get a full shot of his face to get his entire profile nor did you really include context about the scene unfolding around him like you described it. It sounds like you put in some thought about the photo when you were shooting it which is good, but it didn't really translate into the photo itself. Did you try other angles?
I didn't try any other angles. You're right, I cut out the context. Thanks for the feedback!

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

Krakkles posted:

The other problem (though he did kind of mention it, I guess) is that you really can't see any detail in his face. I know that isn't always the objective, but it's still kind of ... distracting.
Excellent point. The photo would've been much better with at least a partial view of his face. Thanks!

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

A gentle breeze becomes 40mph gusts, torrents of water slam my side. I shelter the camera with my body and pulled up my hood. A girl struggles to right her now inside-out umbrella. She runs. I see the shot. Tearing off the hood, now plastered to my face by wind, I have one shot directly into the rain before the lens is coated in water. I take it. 30 seconds later, the rain ceases, the wind dies, and it's right back to the calm night.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

Mest0r posted:

I really like the fact that the rain is really present in the photo. This was last weekend in San Diego, yes? I recognize the bridge. I'll take the opportunity to post a photo I took last Saturday:

Directions by Jemuel Balangcod
Sunday actually, the rain really did last for 30 seconds. But yup, you got the bridge right.

As for your shot, Mardi Gras + rain in San Diego? Perfect for street photography. The people directing traffic, the free emergency-style ponchos, the woman without a rain coat, great shot where it feels like everyone is out of place in the weather.

s0meb0dy0 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 23, 2012

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

A Dad and son were walking by the coffee shop, until his traitorous soon decided he liked another man better.

my hosting:

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

Mest0r posted:

^^ Skateboarding I assume? That's a pretty hilarious photo without context though.

I don't really have too much time this quarter to go out and work on some photography, usually the time I get are the in the breaks between classes.

Tiny Dog by jemuelb, on Flickr
I try to get out there on my coffee breaks. I don't have nearly enough of those though :(

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

j.peeba posted:

I probably have a crush on super wide angles and saturated colors at the moment...

Where was the 3rd photo taken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

Pukestain Pal posted:

A random/interesting person in Washington, DC. I just moved to Baltimore, so I'll be getting some even more interesting people soon I imagine!

Hula by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr
Incredible look for a candid photo.

My hosting:

Ellis Island is never a trip to be taken lightly. Hours of travel and boredom break even the strongest spirit.

s0meb0dy0 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 16, 2012