Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!
Was out in the street today helping a friend get some content for a street poetry blog she writes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!

Krakkles posted:

This is terrific.

Thanks! I was putting some new shooting techniques into practice and I got so many more keepers than I usually get when I am out and about.

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!

Sinaasappelsap posted:

Last week, I stood on a corner on Times Square and just shot people. It was funny to see how barely anyone noticed what I was doing. I stood there for almost a half an hour.

The standing on the corner, or sticking in one area thing works really well for me also. Seems that in NYC everyone is in such a rush to get somewhere they don't notice you or are too busy to care.

Or they are this guy

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!

Sinaasappelsap posted:

Highline? I am so used to the first section that I forget.

Yep. Though, I noticed that in certain parts of my neighborhood (Castle Hill/Parkchester, The Bronx), people are very aware when a photographer is around. Today, I was shooting a storefront and these folks around me paused and were very curious to know what I was doing.

Yeah Highline. Was the only good shot today as it was soooo sunny.

I find out in the Boroughs it's a lot harder to stand and shoot, apart from places like Dumbo and in Williamsburg on Bedford. Manhattan is where it works best. Though finding a zone of a few blocks and moving around it for me is when I get all my best stuff.

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!
Taking advantage of the completely amazing spring weather NYC is having this year

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!
Probably added a little too much grain and noise. Wanted to make this very contrasty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysticp
Jul 15, 2004

BAM!

scotty posted:

I will reiterate that this photograph is excellent. This is why we spend hours on the street trying to get a shot that tells a story without saying anything. It's the kind of shot that I just want to show people. Please print this and show it to more than just 'the internet'.