Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

OldSenileGuy posted:

lol I don’t know why you’d prefer lucky and Luanne be dead in the show

It’s bad enough both actors died relatively young, you can’t at least let their characters live happy (offscreen) lives?

Ruthless

Eh them just being offscreen feels incredibly lame, besides with them dead then you can have Hank and Peggy adopt their kid*

*for similar reasons I'd also have Didi die so they adopt GH as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Tom Petty was 66 when he passed compared to Brittney Murphy's 32, and Johnny Hardwick isn't even 60. I mean, sure Tom could've done more, but he'd already accomplished plenty before he became Lucky, dude wasn't "young" in that sense

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Johnny was important enough to the show's production that I think they shouldn't recast just out of a sign of respect.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're almost certainly right, but I can't imagine the show without that "yep" in the alleyway.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

muscles like this! posted:

Johnny was important enough to the show's production that I think they shouldn't recast just out of a sign of respect.

He was a main character, a writer and a producer. Let it be!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

eleven extra elephants posted:

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, the new Beavis and Butthead is very good and handled them being adults well

I have enjoyed what I've seen of the new Beavis and Butthead, but I fuckin hated the original as a kid. I like KotH though so I'm not sure what to expect, but just given the subject matter and how ill Texas is right now, plus all the missing pieces of the original, it's hard to imagine anything good.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So long, Johnny. The next pocket sand attack I do will be in your honor.

Or rather, in Rusty Shackleford’s honor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKOTNhxRbqs

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's like a butterfly flapping it's wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That's what we tell ourselves, isn't it, Boomhauer

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That clip makes me uncomfortable because we all know that Boomhaer has a wonderful, CLEAR voice of an angel.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Many years ago, when I first saw that posted here and found out about it, there was a goon who said they were really nervous about a job interview, but listened to that song right before heading in and it centered them and they nailed it.

I hope that goon's doing well. It was a really sweet story and I think about it whenever Boomhauer talks.

That song is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That goon is still selling Wagner Char Kings to this very day

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aces High posted:

Tom Petty was 66 when he passed compared to Brittney Murphy's 32, and Johnny Hardwick isn't even 60. I mean, sure Tom could've done more, but he'd already accomplished plenty before he became Lucky, dude wasn't "young" in that sense

Johnny Hardwick was 64, exactly double the age Murphy was when she died. Dale Gribble would find some conspiracy in that