Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

galenanorth posted:

Watching through Season 13. In the one where Bill gets pre-diabetes, the best thing about Bill episodes like these are the guest characters like the doctor and the athlete in the wheelchair that befriends Bill. The amount that he binges looks like enough to put even a normal person into the emergency room. The other day, a bus driver pointed out Krispy Kreme and I overheard a passenger say he once ate 11 donuts in one sitting and felt like he almost died.

I'd expected this episode to be part of Mike Judge's conservative trend, but it was a good episode, and Hank even gives a speech about efficient light-bulbs. The worst thing this episode does is tell "yuppie liberals are dumb" jokes, like thinking Happy Feet is a documentary and have them fall all over Buck Strickland in a kind of misogynist way, when it was already doing a fine job skewering rich yuppies with everything else. Dale technically does something illegal all the time, but usually it's something like zero-stakes identity theft; he'd have gone to jail for fraud in this one if anyone had gotten what Hank said on stage

That doctor was such an rear end in a top hat, him getting his rear end beaten at the end of the episode made it one of the most satisfying Bill plots for that reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
A few years ago, my girlfriend was extremely drunk and I cooked some spaghetti and started feeding it to her while she was sat in bed to try to sober her up / give her a less painful hangover. Too drunk to communicate properly, after feeding her some of the spaghetti she said 'P-eeeeeeeggy Hill. It's.... Peggy... Hill' and then let me feed her some more.

I can only assume the spaghetti made her think of Spa-peggy and meatballs and that was the only way she was able to express that thought, and it still makes me laugh to remember it.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
Guy asked me if I wanted honey mustard and I almost took a swing at 'em. Long story short I got a good deal on classic yellow

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sash! posted:

Eleven donuts sounds more like the "I felt like I could literally burst open" kind of died.

I once ate one of those gigantic family sharing meatballs somewhere and was pretty sure it had killed me because I felt like every bump in the road was going to cause some sort of rupture.

There's a Mythbusters episode where they see what it would take to actually make a stomach explode and it's basically impossible to do through overeating. Armed with this knowledge I've spent the last 20 years gorging myself, consequence free.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

A For Effort posted:

Guy asked me if I wanted honey mustard and I almost took a swing at 'em. Long story short I got a good deal on classic yellow

Well some people put mustard or ketchup on them. No I wouldn't recommend both

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

There's a Mythbusters episode where they see what it would take to actually make a stomach explode and it's basically impossible to do through overeating. Armed with this knowledge I've spent the last 20 years gorging myself, consequence free.

There's also SPORTS SCIENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9DZmoRY0H4

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I've heard that sound before. Hello colostomy bag.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And I want it...rare.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://collider.com/king-of-the-hill-reboot-mike-judge/

Reboot is Officially confirmed now it looks like

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We did it thread, we survived all the way from the show's cancellation to it coming back.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Oh man I not optimistic about this

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder what the biggest warning sign would be. Probably adult Bobby as a loser or something, but I don’t think they would do that.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is the revival show going to our present 12 years later or is it going to just pick up where the show left off 12 years ago?? If the show does move forward, then will Dale know about Nancy's affair with Redcorn!?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could see something like a 5 year time skip but 12 just seems too long.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

muscles like this! posted:

Show's over, time to stop crying about it. Here's some funny stuff that's to help animators keep things on model.

(thanks to Kalli)

Edit: Replaced broken images with imgur gallery found here:
http://imgur.com/a/PiJLk

We did it thread, we survived all the way from the show's cancellation to it coming back.

That's crazy. This is really doing my head in.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Never forget...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I could see something like a 5 year time skip but 12 just seems too long.

Agreed, skip ahead enough that Bobby is in High School and GH and Gracie are both old enough to be actual characters seems like a good one to me(plus gives enough of a gap to write out Luanne & Lucky without having their deaths* be a fresh tragedy)

*can't really recast them and just having them say move away and never appear onscreen would be incredibly lame

Zero One posted:

Never forget...

Honestly an episode where Peggy gets a boob job(either accidentally or intentionally) would have made way more sense than the time The Simpsons did it to Marge

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

You think, what with the desire for representational casting including voice acting, they recast Kahn?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Troy Queef posted:

You think, what with the desire for representational casting including voice acting, they recast Kahn?

They'd have to get an Asian VA. And not just ANY Asian, but LAOTIAN VA!

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly an episode where Peggy gets a boob job(either accidentally or intentionally) would have made way more sense than the time The Simpsons did it to Marge

goes in to get her foot bones smashed and put back together in a smaller size, and gets into one of those medical mixups, and ends up with giant boobs.

Also I'd turn it off if Lucky and/or Luann end up in prison; like it's entirely possible, and the easiest way to write them out, but they built up so much of their character growth on those two not going to prison it would be a cheap shot.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Peggy becomes a twitch streamer.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

killer crane posted:

goes in to get her foot bones smashed and put back together in a smaller size, and gets into one of those medical mixups, and ends up with giant boobs.

Also I'd turn it off if Lucky and/or Luann end up in prison; like it's entirely possible, and the easiest way to write them out, but they built up so much of their character growth on those two not going to prison it would be a cheap shot.

Exactly and yeah that's why I'm suggesting just killing them off and having Hank & Peggy adopt Gracie(and GH while we're at it) during the timeskip, it's the least awful solution

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Khan annoys someone and gets punched in the throat episode one, and it gives him a new voice.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Or Khan moves the family back to California.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly it probably wouldn't be too hard to find an Asian voice actor who can do a reasonable imitation of how Toby Huss does Khan's voice

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Jimmy O. Yang would be a pretty good voice replacement for Khan

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Get Hank Azaria to voice Khan.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I, for one, can't wait to hear how correct all of Hank's opinions are.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
*Hank Hill voice* Oh, excuse me mister... Wait, you're Alex Jones! Heheh, well, I'll be! What're you doin' in Arlen?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hank: I'll tell you hwat I can't say a got-dang thing without getting cancelled

YOU HEAR ME, ARLEN? I SAID I CANT SAY A GOT-DANG THING WITHOUT YOU "WOKE" PEOPLE CANCELLING ME

Dale: Thaank you Hank; That was Hank Hill telling us about how he can't say anything at all without the woke mob cancelling him! Preach it, Hank! I, Rusty Shackleford, completely agree and I will not! Be! Silenced--

Nancy: Sug! The January 6th commission is here with legal papers

Dale: I PLEAD THE FIFTH! I have the right to remain silent!!! FLEE! FLEEEEEE! *slams head on a rafter and passes out*

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There's no way Dale would've participated in the attack on the capitol.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

Sounds like a plot to an episode in the revival to me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
One thing the writers always had a handle on was how to make Dale a lovable conspiracy theorist crackpot and not a realistically off-putting right-wing SovCit nutjob. His beliefs were always rooted in real-world paranoia but would inevitably spin off into their own charming, harmless Gribbleness.

Dale personified the fun "Yeah I sawr a UFO once" version of Coast to Coast AM, not the "You claim that Jew Lizards run the World Bank, and I'm not going to challenge a thing you have to say because it's exactly what I want to hear" version.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ilmucche posted:

That's because the real government isn't even in Washington so called "DC." George X Bush, the clone of George W Bush moved the real government as far away from salty snacks, to northern Alaska in 2005, following the pretzel choking death of the W model. Don't you even watch Dale's twitch?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

JethroMcB posted:

One thing the writers always had a handle on was how to make Dale a lovable conspiracy theorist crackpot and not a realistically off-putting right-wing SovCit nutjob. His beliefs were always rooted in real-world paranoia but would inevitably spin off into their own charming, harmless Gribbleness.

Dale personified the fun "Yeah I sawr a UFO once" version of Coast to Coast AM, not the "You claim that Jew Lizards run the World Bank, and I'm not going to challenge a thing you have to say because it's exactly what I want to hear" version.

Who in the media tricked you?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I do worry about how much you could just ignore modern conspiracy stuff though. The Dale type of conspiracy theorist just isn't as prevalent anymore. As someone who likes to read and keep an eye on conspiracy community stuff it's been a bummer how bad it's all gotten. I guess the other path would be to just make deal a full UFO dude.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hank: Mr. Strickland, I was only in DC to keep an eye on my friend Dal- er Rusty. You know I'm not a [lowers voice] protester.
Buck: Sorry ol top but the news is saying you're an insurrectionist. That just can't be good for bidness.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Lol, they live in Texas, of course it's good for business.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That would by the second act twist. Strickland Propane would see a surge of chud customers wanting to see the "Based Gas Man" and Hank would get his job back. Then at the end he would find a way to get Buck to stop catering to extremists because "propane shouldn't be political, I tell you what".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ilmucche posted:

I agree. Bill on the other hand would totally get swept up to DC in a bus by some young recruits on base