Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Blacklotus posted:

This is the reason why the episode where Peggy leads a field trip to Mexico and accidentally kidnaps a Mexican girl is probably one of my absolute favorites of the series, if only for her testimony in court at the end.

"I have too many good anuses ahead of me to spend my life on top of a cigar factory."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryBomb
Feb 20, 2006

Blacklotus posted:

Bill

I agree for the most part (Bill is a loser, Bill does something un-losery, Bill ends up a loser at the end regardless), but there are a couple of those episodes that are great. Like the one where he plays Santa well after Christmas, and the one where he works with Luann at Hottyz and pretends to be gay.

The only episode I'll skip is "Ms. Wakefield" because I've seen it about a million times and it never seems to end.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
The worst Bill moment is when he eats Ladybird's hormone biscuits. I have no idea what they would taste like, but the thought just makes me sick.

fenderrob
Jan 6, 2004

CherryBomb posted:

I agree for the most part (Bill is a loser, Bill does something un-losery, Bill ends up a loser at the end regardless), but there are a couple of those episodes that are great. Like the one where he plays Santa well after Christmas, and the one where he works with Luann at Hottyz and pretends to be gay.

The only episode I'll skip is "Ms. Wakefield" because I've seen it about a million times and it never seems to end.

One of my favorite episodes of this show is when Bill and the Hills stay with Bill's family in Louisiana for some reason and the three sisters try to seduce him. The gay brother (?) has so many great lines.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CherryBomb posted:

I love the one where Bill steals the Tank while drunk.

"Hey is the target supposed to be shooting back?"
"Who cares! Lets blow it up!"

But I really liked the episode were Bill gets fired from the military after they find out through Hank each haircut was 30k. I just love that everyone realizes that Bill is a great barber and they need him on the base.

Heh Hank with the Peroxide Blond hair is hillarious.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fenderrob posted:

One of my favorite episodes of this show is when Bill and the Hills stay with Bill's family in Louisiana for some reason and the three sisters try to seduce him. The gay brother (?) has so many great lines.
Seen first in the aforementioned s4 ep "A Beer Can Named Desire", Gilbert appears again in a prominent role of the s11 episode "Blood and Sauce".

I got this poo poo on lock

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

Seen first in the aforementioned s4 ep "A Beer Can Named Desire", Gilbert appears again in a prominent role of the s11 episode "Blood and Sauce".

I got this poo poo on lock

Weren't they his cousins, but two were not by blood?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
There were 5 Dauterive cousins - Bill, Gilbert, Violetta and 2 that died - Rene and Girac (one was married to Rose and one was married to Lily). Bill slept with both Rose and Lily, although all 3 tried to seduce him (they wanted a male heir to inherit the vast Dauterive fortune).

Rusty Shackelford fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 26, 2009

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rusty Shackelford posted:

There were 5 Dauterive cousins - Bill, Gilbert, Violetta and 2 that died - Rene and Girac (one was married to Rose and one was married to Lily). Bill slept with both Rose and Lily, although all 3 tried to seduce him (they wanted a male heir to inherit the vast Dauterive fortune).

And then they all died, except for Gilbert.

Crummers
Dec 30, 2008
Ever notice how when the T-1000 is dying at the end of Terminator 2 for a split second it looks just like Dale Gribble? This is because Dale is modeled after Robert Patrick who was originally going to voice Dale.

(This is most noticeable when it morphs into the biker cop form at the end.)

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

And then they all died, except for Gilbert.

Lily & Rose didn't die, Violetta did.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My favorite Bill moment is when he tries to get into dog dancing and adopts the vicious Rottweiller that repeatedly tries to kill him. He barely escapes with his life by knocking some sleeping pills off of a counter while trapped in the shower. After the dog is knocked out, Bill then proceeds to dress him in a doggy tuxedo and take him to the competition.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

greatn posted:

My favorite Bill moment is when he tries to get into dog dancing and adopts the vicious Rottweiller that repeatedly tries to kill him. He barely escapes with his life by knocking some sleeping pills off of a counter while trapped in the shower. After the dog is knocked out, Bill then proceeds to dress him in a doggy tuxedo and take him to the competition.

I'm laughing just thinking about that episode. While there aren't episodes I can say are outright "bad", there are a few awkward/weird episodes. Like the one where Luanne gets that new gig with the pig... thing. I forget what really happens, but it's where she works for a psycho who dresses her up and tries to get her to marry this guy. In the end the psycho dies a pretty brutal death.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

greatn posted:

Dale, the Falcon, and Bill runs a close second if you ask me.

"Huh....so Bill is a vole."

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

CaptainHollywood posted:

I'm laughing just thinking about that episode. While there aren't episodes I can say are outright "bad", there are a few awkward/weird episodes. Like the one where Luanne gets that new gig with the pig... thing. I forget what really happens, but it's where she works for a psycho who dresses her up and tries to get her to marry this guy. In the end the psycho dies a pretty brutal death.

He was sausificated.

That doggy dancing episode is funnier when you look at stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqbVbPvlDoM

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

it's dog dancing. it's from canada.

canada? they're supposed to be our allies!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Mike Judge produced a live action pilot for a Monseigneur Martinez spin off for Fox, that was obviously not ever picked up.

I just like that that happened, it amazes me.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

FishBulb posted:

Mike Judge produced a live action pilot for a Monseigneur Martinez spin off for Fox, that was obviously not ever picked up.

As if we needed another reason Fox sucks.

Via con Dios.

Blacklotus
Dec 12, 2005

CaptainHollywood posted:

I was actually going to bring up that episode in my post, too. I actually hadn't seen that episode until fairly recently, and I ended up really enjoying it precisely because of how bizarre and disturbing it is compared to every single other episode in the series.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Blacklotus posted:

I was actually going to bring up that episode in my post, too. I actually hadn't seen that episode until fairly recently, and I ended up really enjoying it precisely because of how bizarre and disturbing it is compared to every single other episode in the series.

And hilarious. Best moment of the episode is when I realized that the crazy pig farmer was Michael loving Keaton.

Also, Dale's rant when Bill joins that chorus puts me in loving stitches every time.

"Bill! Bill, you have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea! Have you seen what you're wearing? That outfit makes you look like a sequined train wreck! Look at you! You're part of a twelve-headed jackass! This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity! You people make me envy the deaf and the blind! Guhbuh! Underwear! Money! Fat! Ngyuh..." (Dale collapses)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

greatn posted:

Don't we see that the dog is dreaming of mauling Bill? That's comedy right there.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And hilarious. Best moment of the episode is when I realized that the crazy pig farmer was Michael loving Keaton.

Also, Dale's rant when Bill joins that chorus puts me in loving stitches every time.

"Bill! Bill, you have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea! Have you seen what you're wearing? That outfit makes you look like a sequined train wreck! Look at you! You're part of a twelve-headed jackass! This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity! You people make me envy the deaf and the blind! Guhbuh! Underwear! Money! Fat! Ngyuh..." (Dale collapses)
Dale's episode-long struggle to restrain his rage and disdain for Bill definitely makes it one of his classic moments. Stick that poo poo in the vault!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Canadians, KOTH is coming to teletoon. Hopefully it will replace Father of the Pride.

And not American Dad.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

FishBulb posted:

Speaking of Monsignor Martinez, I love the episode where he hires Peggy to tutor his children at his sprawling estate in Mehico. She goes down there and then is confused by various misinterpreted things to believe that he finds her sexy and desirable.

Being Peggy, of course, she has ridiculous ideas that are in no way rooted in reality, and the actor who plays Martinez has a mega-hot Latina wife. Martinez gives one of the best lines I think I've ever heard on KOTH here: "I do not desire you in that way. You are -- how you say? -- old."

I like Peggy because she's ridiculous and has such a bloated sense of who she is, and episodes like this knock it out of the park. "Senora Filipe, I just want you to know that nothing happened between us. Even though I was flattered by your husband's advances, I am a happily married woman. (to Eduardo) I am so sorry, but I am afraid I will not be able to satisfy your lust for me." :laugh:

sintaxi
Oct 11, 2005

Hogarth Hughes posted:

I like Peggy because she's ridiculous and has such a bloated sense of who she is, and episodes like this knock it out of the park. "Senora Filipe, I just want you to know that nothing happened between us. Even though I was flattered by your husband's advances, I am a happily married woman. (to Eduardo) I am so sorry, but I am afraid I will not be able to satisfy your lust for me." :laugh:

But you left out the best part--how Eduardo's wife, rather than being offended or jealous, simply laughed in Peggy's face!

Now _that_ was "mitad" [sic]!

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Another great Peggy episode is when she accidental takes back the girl from Mexico to America on a field trip. Classic Peggy thinking she's smarter (and speaks Spanish) than she actually is/does.

*In Spanish*
"Not Guilty"
"Oh my God... I'm going to jail!!!"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There's one Peggy Hill quote that I think completely sums up her character.

"In my opinion, the day after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest shopping days of the year,"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bull3964 posted:

There's one Peggy Hill quote that I think completely sums up her character.

"In my opinion, the day after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest shopping days of the year,"
Haha, that quote is perfect.

I like this show and have seen a good chunk of it, but there's no way I've seen close to 14 seasons worth. Still though, everytime I see it on it's one of the ones I've seen.

Khurath
Jul 26, 2007
I suppose my favorite quote (paraphrased) to summarize how ridiculous Peggy is:

"I am one of only sixteen people who have ever survived falling out of a plane without a parachute. At least that's my guess, I will check on that later."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One thing telling about Peggy is that when they go to Montana and meet her family. Her mom does nothing but insult and put her down. Peggy's just over compensating, which makes her a very sad character.

And me very happy.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

One? That's the cornerstone of her personality. Her rampant insecurity and quickness to assume credit and accolades are all a product of her overbearing mother who forever witheld her approval (quite similar to Cotton, actually).

Chlorine
Aug 27, 2004

Wow, look at that!
ive never understood how everyone gives hank a pass for being smug to his friends but peggy doing the same gets everyone pissed off

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Chlorine posted:

ive never understood how everyone gives hank a pass for being smug to his friends but peggy doing the same gets everyone pissed off

Because when Hank is smug, its usually deservedly so. See my previous quote about Hank shooting Dale's future-clone theory out of the water.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

That's a great episode, but also a creepy one. Something out of a horror film.

It also takes Luann's character to the extremes of her naivete.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Because when Hank is smug, its usually deservedly so. See my previous quote about Hank shooting Dale's future-clone theory out of the water.

What I love about that quote is how it shows that Hank actually listens and pays attention to the weird conspiracy theories that Dale spouts.

Another really funny bit is in one episode where Khan is chewing Hank out in Laotian and Hank just walks away muttering "Yeah yeah, I'm a broiled ox penis."

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Y-Hat posted:

That's a great episode, but also a creepy one. Something out of a horror film.

It also takes Luann's character to the extremes of her naivete.

Its great because Luanne's naivete sometimes works to get advantage. For example the cult never really converts her.

"Well, it's cold, and you locked me in a closet and yelled at me, but I have made a lot of new friends, so yes."

In that sense, she really is a lot like Bobby - the pile of mush that can't be built up or knocked down.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Its great because Luanne's naivete sometimes works to get advantage. For example the cult never really converts her.

"Well, it's cold, and you locked me in a closet and yelled at me, but I have made a lot of new friends, so yes."

In that sense, she really is a lot like Bobby - the pile of mush that can't be built up or knocked down.
Blame it on the Platter genes.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
"Beck's Dark!"

I will never refer to that beer and not say it in the Kahn voice.

I really love the episode where Hank has to go to anger management training because he cuts Dale's finger off. With Hank unable to go near Dale they decide to make a secret tunnel under the alley.

Here's a great moment from season 1. The episode where Bobby smokes cigarettes. Try to get that episode put on TV today. The best moments are when Hank and Peggy look back at all their favorite moments in the past where they are smoking. Peggy and Hank are laying on a blanket in the middle of the football field. Hank takes two cigarettes out of a pack and lights them both in his mouth, he passes those to Peggy and takes out two more for himself.

It doesn't get better than that.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I have a friend who will leave me voicemails that start with "You don't know who I am, but I know where you live..."

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGVrnDAe8Y

You will be able to predict the last scene, and it will be glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

One of my favorite moments is in the one where Peggy finds out about John Redcorn and Nancy. Peggy sees John Redcorn coming out of the house and says "Jooooooooooooooooooohn Redcorn" in this really accusing voice and he just looks back at her and says "Peeeeeeeeeeggggggy Hill" in the exact same way. Loses everything when I type it, but the way he says it is hilarious.

John Redcorn rules