Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trident posted:

What the gently caress? How can they cancel a show and stop making DVDs??? That is way hosed up. They should at least look into digital distribution or something that would allow them to keep selling it with little/no cost to them.

Take a salt tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So, was Bobby's middle name given to him because of Boomhauer? Kind of a slap in the face to Dale and Bill there.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Vivek posted:

One of my favorite Hank Hill lines is from the one where they get a motorcycle, and Peggy suggests that she drives while he sits behind her. Hank is horrified, and says, "They call that... the bitch seat!" I was thinking of that during the last two episodes when Bobby sits on the bike behind that girl.

"Oh God, I just had phone sex!"

If you like Hank, and want to kill some time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

robot roll call posted:

And they serve it with gravy.

Domo arigato!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Caught "The Incredible Hank" on Adult Swim. I'd forgotten what a great episode it is, despite the annoying Peggyness. Also, it has this exchange:

Dale: So it turns out I'm not the actual Dale Gribble, but a clone of him. The original Dale Gribble is a super-warrior from the year 2087. The second me, i.e. I, was created to help the first me fight the invading Mongol armies.
Hank: Dale, that's asinine, and here's four reasons why. First, you're not gonna clone a super-warrior out of a guy who can't even win a thumb-wrestling match. Two, you've spent your life swearing that the robots will eliminate the clones by the year 2010, so which is it, robots or clones? Three, you've already said you sympathize with the invading Mongolians of 2087, so you'd be the last one they'd send to fight them. And four, if you were from the future, you would have seen this coming. (Punches Dale in the arm)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

edit: God I just cannot get over the fact that Enrique is played by Danny Trejo

And Octavio, dude.

Are you backing out on me, new Gribble?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Grin and Tonic posted:

So...am I the only one really sad that Luanne just got knocked up and married a hillbilly....?

Peggy should have died mixing ammonia and bleach together, Hank should have been willed Strickland Propane after Buck's death, Bobby should have come out of the closet, Joseph should have found out who his true father was, Dale should have gotten a show on FNC, Bill should have found an insane woman, Khan should have punched Ted Wasanasong in the face, Connie should have gotten addicted to uppers, Boomhauer should have contracted syphilis, Minh should have started an affair with a real estate agent, Nancy should have died during some plastic surgery in Honduras, Dooley should have fully turned into Butthead, John Redcorn should have shot a US Marshal in South Dakota, and Appleseed should have won an all-expenses paid vacation to Eureka, California.

But I think the right thing happened with Luanne.

Oh, also, how infuriating is the episode where Peggy makes Bill sell vitamin stuff? The correct answer is "very".

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 23, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dalai Lamacide posted:

WHAT?!

What?

What?

What?

And who?

I'm with you on the rest.

1. Well how long is Buck really going to stay alive?
2. Up for debate
3. Performance-enhancers for her studies.
4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_incident
5. The hippy guy, he was in a few episodes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ozma posted:

But it's not like continuity really matters on this show anyway!

Best example: Laoma.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I always wonder what the scope of Heimlich County really is. Characters are always saying "this is the biggest ------- in Heimlich County!!" Its a good running joke.

"Pinch me, Mr. Ho."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MrBigglesworth posted:

"Sparking up a J"
"I dont understand what you mean"
"LIGHTING up a J"

"I'm talking to myself. That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning!!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bobby, I've got propane in my urethra.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Am I the only person that doesn't watch episodes with Cotton? He's a douche bag, I don't find his assholery funny or entertaining, he's just a cock sucker. He really ruins the show for me.

ninja edit: oh boy he just died :)

Cotton can be rather annoying but he had some amazing moments. Did you ever see this exchange?

Dale: He's Japanese.
Cotton: No he ain't. (Looks Kahn up and down) He's Laotian...ain't ya Mr. Kahn?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Best Principal Moss quote will always be: "I got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

- Luanne (R.I.P.) wasn't the completely hopeless bimbo she eventually became. Most of the stuff that came out of her mouth actually made sense. It wasn't until after Buckley died that her mind really started to slip.

FIGHT THE OCCUPATION!

I think it's almost painful how stupid Luanne is in the last few seasons. I mean, years and years after Buckley's death. She really gets dumber and dumber throughout the run of the series.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ozma posted:

I keep thinking that the Hank in later seasons wouldn't have objected so strenuously to sex education.

In the later seasons, Hank would have supported a sex education program that didn't have any "California nonsense".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ozma posted:

Aside from Bill's random comments about childhood abuse no, they never really do anything with Bill's dad. :(

Those comments are great though.

"My dad spanked me from when I was 9 years old up to when I was 16 and I turned out just fine. Bastard."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Murray the Hump posted:

Like most posters in this forum, I agree that these first season episodes are rough and lack the sophisticated nuance of the later seasons, but the Willie Nelson episode has my all time favorite Hank "Bwaaah!" moment (although he actually says something like "Ah! Good God!" instead): In the flashback where he accidentally walks in on the computer nerd during a poker game at a friend's house.

That nerd's name is Jason Adderly, and I've always imagined that all goons look like him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Engibeard posted:

This thread just needs to turn into a King of The Hill quote thread.

It's pretty much a King of the Hill quote/discussion of whatever episodes Adult Swim is playing at the time. It's two threads in one!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Which episode is it where Hank takes the shot of Alamo to steady his nerves? My gut says the one with Brendan Fraser as the football player but I am not sure.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Your Proud Pal posted:

Whenever Hank actually gets drunk he's ridiculously entertaining.

"I ran the 40 in 5.9 seconds, but my fellas haven't reached the end zone in 12 years."

:(

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Watching The Order of the Straight Arrow on Adultswim's website. John Redcorns early voice weirds me out.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bait. You call it bait.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

"Ginseng? I don't need to get hopped up on dope!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In the fire ant episode, it's established that Bobby knows Joseph isn't Dale's son. Is this ever mentioned again?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fooley posted:

I'm sure someone else could tell you for sure, but I remember an episode a few days ago about having history, and Bobby says him and Joseph are boring and white.
That's weird because the exact exchange goes:

Joseph: That's the queen, stupid! Like the one on top of my dad's truck.
Bobby: You mean Dale Gribble's truck?
Joseph: Yeah my dad's truck.

Seems pretty clear. They must have just forgot. I think I've only seen the alien kid episode once, I'll have to rewatch it sometime.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That's the way I saw it as well. It's way too awkward of a line for it to be just establishing that Joseph is Dale's "son", by that episode, which was the 11th, they'd made that joke a whole bunch of times. Of course the only person to not figure it out is Peggy.

"Your honor, I can tell you are a reasonable horse. I am very pregnant because of what happened with Lupe. She ate my bus accident and all I wanted was to make Lupe into a book. I have too many good anuses ahead of me to spend my life in a cigar factory."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, I keep being told that Ketchup Chips are illegal in the US, but I keep seeing them being mentioned on US tv.

They're legal and plentiful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bill ended up very happy at the end of the Laoma episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jay Dub posted:

I'd like to see one of all the times Bobby excitedly says "Hey, dad!"

I cut the UMBILICAL CORD!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah, I think because its not available and because he was kind of baited that the post shouldn't be punished.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Did they stop mentioning Buck's other Strickland branches in the last few seasons? I can't seem to remember much talk of them towards the end. I mean Strickland North and all that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Goddamn Kahn is an rear end in the Scrubby's episode. He never really learns his lesson, either.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

major plot points that episodes were based around.

It is kind of messed up if they just forgot about that completely because Cotton dancing with Peggy on his grave was one of the best parts of any episode. What a good ending.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fooley posted:

Watching through the first season, its weird how Laney St. went from being an actual neighborhood to being the four guys and Khan.

Bill doesn't live on Rainey street.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I think it's
Khan-Hank-Dale

on that one side of the street. But now I'm getting confused because I swear I've seen the Gribble's house be across the street from the Hill's house before.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fooley posted:

Its probably going to be nothing more than "Hey Lois remember that time I sold propane?".

Or "Bobby I got propane in my urethra"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

"Sticks? And lights? Is this some kind of puppet theater?"

edit: "We need more of this weed and more of this dude!"

Thanks to this post I went on Netflix and watched this episode. Hank's got a twisted attitude towards everything.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What?? Bill actually mentions "my girlfriend Laoma" in Witches of East Arlen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

General stores are Ma and Pa. If you're not there, people are gonna make assumptions, like, "Did Pa kill Ma?" They aren't gonna want to buy batteries from me if they think you're back in the freezer hanging from a meat hook. Am I wrong?