Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

I remember watching KotH years ago, and seeing Tom Petty flicker by in the end credits. What? What? I checked IMDB and sure enough, there he is.

I couldn't help but read this in Tom Petty Lucky's voice, complete with small smile and nod at the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

withheldmcfakename posted:

"Boil up some Mountain Dew, it's gonna be a long night!"

Dale is the mod of TFR.

Only because he has the most guns!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Crackheads and debutantes.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Well, there is a German themed tourist town in Texas that I'm sure the writers would be aware of, some I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a reference.

There's also Fredricksburg, although it's a bit less touristy and doesn't have a funny sounding name.

Is Fredricksburg the one that sells awesome sausages? My knowledge on rural german-founded Texas towns is rustier than it should be.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

MultiWerar posted:

One of the few things I dislike about the series is how, no matter what, Bill's situation almost always snaps back to miserable by the end of the episode.

Laoma?

I do see what you mean, though. The Bill as Santa episode is like the only episode of any show that I feel kind of uncomfortable watching just because things get so...weird with Bill.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 11, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Fooley posted:

Also I can't tell sometimes if this thread is serious or looking way too deep into why KOTH didn't license actual ships from Star Wars for a 5-second gag.

Except that there are actual ships from Star Wars on that sheet? Way to read the post.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I love that I can clearly see both the Peggy and the Hank influences in this paragraph.

THIS SHOW.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

How could you forget Rad Thibadayoxs?

If you sign up on AOL he gets ten free hours. All you gotta do is telll them SOOORAD@AOL.COM sent you.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

Peggy's most right moment

Stopped clocks and everything.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I heard what you did to Chane Wasonasong. Unforgivable! But then I heard what you did to your father. Very funny. So I'm conflicted.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Benagain posted:

Bobby beat loving Cotton in a battle of wills by going zen and not giving a poo poo.

I'm blanking, what episode was this?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

I saw this article and was stunned to find out that Whataburger is a real place. Next you'll be trying to tell me Goobersmooches is real. :stare:

Whataburger is pretty incredible considering it's a franchise burger place.

I always found the Luby's name change kinda weird though.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

This isn't one of the best episodes, but drat if Buck's "He's up against a soft-spoken gorilla man." doesn't get me every time.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

It's a scientific fact women like men with round, muscular butts. I'm going to look for a man with a round, muscular butt.

What happened to Wade? Why aren't you with Wade? I want Wade!

Edit: I don't know what exactly makes it so, but the YoutubePoop of this episode is hilarious.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Chuck Mangione playing Taps at Buckley's funeral, and slowly turning it into "Feels So good" gets me every time.

Edit: "Ever since the explosion, everything I play sounds like "Feel So Good".
"Maybe that's because it does Feel So Good to be alive.
"...No, that's not it."

Double-edit: Oh god, I forgot this is the episode Boomhauer's "Dust in the Wind" speech came from. I'm officially throwing "Death of a Propane Salesman" as my contender for one of the best episodes.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 24, 2013

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The cat burglar in me can appreciate a job well done. But the fraidy-cat in me wants to run like hell. See, I've got two cats inside me.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The Proc posted:

Chuck Mangione is an inspiration to Texans of any age:

Don't be so happy with yourself! You're just reposting someone else's article. No skill involved! Unlike poetry. I shall now recite a poem I wrote while awaiting for The Cleveland Show to finish.

So much depends
upon
inhumanity
and death
We must not forget
Yet we cannot remember
Death be not proud?
Then who?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nine* Pretty Darn Angry Men

*Can change to however many are on your trivia team

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

They totally knew they were being assholes man. That's why it's funny, both because it runs counter to the normal Canadian stereotype and because it's a direct parallel to Hank and Co's TexanPride™ that each party is consciously aggravating the other one with.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

She is smiling.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Remember, Ladybird, the other dogs will be looking to you for leadership. Be strong.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Even years later I still catch great lines I totally forgot about.

Rusty Shackleford posted:

They keep making TVs smaller and smaller...and bigger and bigger. Soon the medium-sized TVs will be a thing of the past. :smith:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

This is one of those quotes that's just so loving eye-roll inducing because Hank comes across as an equally wrong-hearted Peggy Hill but for a completely different mindset.

Foods where American Yellow is objectively the superior mustard choice:

Burgers
Potato Salad
Everything
Hotdogs

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Bill, you're just shaken because you lost a good roof.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Parachute posted:

Topsy, you shouldn't be waiting for a bus - you strangled Hermann Göring for God's sake!

I've had this image on my computer for years and I don't really know why.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

If you're sick and lonely sounds like you need something that would cheer you up. May I recommend Pretty pretty Dresses. Oughta perk you right up.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

King of the Hill posted:

DALE: Try running this vision through the old noggin. There was an Indian. I couldn't see his face, but he was a big guy, about yea tall (indicates John Redcorn's height) and yea wide (indicates John Redcorn's breadth) and wearing a magnificent buffalo headdress. And he was making love to my wife.
JOHN REDCORN: Dale, I'm not sure I --
DALE: Hold on, there's more. I suddenly found myself in a hospital, watching Nancy give birth to Joseph. Except Joseph was wearing the exact same headdress as the faceless Indian. So, working backwards: I fathered an Indian child, therefore, I am an Indian.
JOHN REDCORN: Okay, that's one interpretation.
DALE: So, do you have a regular place where you buy your feathers and bonnets and so forth?
JOHN REDCORN (sighs): It's a site on the Internet.

modsDale knew.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

"DAMMIT BOBBY, WHERE'S MOMMY'S BOURBON?!"

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Clark Peters is totally Bill's illegitimate child, and you will never convince me otherwise.

BOTH OF 'EM :yayclod:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

HEY FATTY, YOU ARE FAT! Heh heh heh!

Yes, I know this is Topsy, not Fatty. RIP, Fatty. :(

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

if that's true it sounds like a dumb retcon. In flashback scenes Hank is always drawn as a child very similar to bobby, basically a clone. and his grandfather looks like bobby a bit.. and GH looks like bobby

Bill also knocked up Didi. :tinfoil:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

joshtothemaxx posted:

I moved to Texas in August and Whataburger was a horrible disappointment. Been there three times now and it was lovely every time.

I think this is the part where we ask you politely yet firmly to leave.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

"Please don't put on Dido. PLEASE don't put on Dido!"

♫My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why♫

*anguished Bill noises*

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

It's a Braeburn!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

It really speaks to Peggy's character that she gets roped into not one, but two separate MLM scams throughout the course of the series.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

WORKS FOR TIPS!

Good GOD you've got a fat neck, Vietnamwees!

Edit: Mods please change my username to Fat Neck Skinny Urethra

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 7, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

If you rearrange the letters in Bill, you get Lil' B.

Lil' B would seemingly refer to Bobby Hill, a child.

But Lil' B could also stand for Little Bill.

Bobby is Lil' B.

Bobby is Little Bill.

Bobby is the son of Bill Dauterive

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Parachute posted:

this son of a bitch doesn't have to work another day in his life!

Well I mean, it's true now :smith:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Epicurius posted:

Ambassador to Phoenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hank made up the title to get them to move, obviously. Then he moved back. :shrug: