Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Crotch Bat posted:

It was Oswald(notice its his "oh gently caress I'm being shot" picture)

[timg]http://img.waffleimages.com/2392d8e2007c0b43e2747e8b6dea104acf71287a/20 - Dog Dale Afternoon.avi_snapshot_10.41_[2010.08.17_23.02.51].png[/timg]

Hank: You been sleeping, Dale? You're kinda gettin' that "County Fair" smell.

Love that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I couldn't tell you my LEAST favorite, as I'm just starting to work my through the seasons, but I recall that I Remember Mono left a bad taste in my mouth.

Now, if we're talking personal favorite's, I just got done watching Flush With Power. From Hank cringing at Peggy's musings, Dale's fence permit, and Kahn's "Asian secret watering technique", it's all great. But, that would make it only a pretty good episode. Here's the quote that makes it a GREAT episode:

Hank: You can't just build the fence, Dale. You have to write your proposal, then submit it to the board for a vote. And then... Democracy Happens.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Check it out...Oswald...Mower...Grassy Noll"

The other great one is "Soldier of Misfortune". Casting Gary Busey as his nemesis was loving perfect.

"He's already got the black vote, Earl, and the gay vote, Earl."

Wait, that was Gary loving Busey?!

:aaa: My first King of the Hill Secret Celebrity Guest mindfuck. I didn't think anything could shock me anymore.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FrostedButts posted:

Interestingly enough, most of the times celebrities played themselves were in the early seasons.

Willy Nelson played himself in season one, along with Dennis Hopper in the same episode.

The country music concert episode was a cavalcade of country singers playing themselves as well.

The Secret King Of The Hill Celebrity Voice Cameo™ that still impresses me is Gary Busey from Soldier of Misfortune.

"Trespassers! If I shoot 'em, I go back to jail! ...But I can't NOT shoot 'em!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
- John Redcorn becomes a Texas state senator.

- Buck Strickland mysteriously disappears, is declared dead.

- Hank becomes owner of Strickland Propane, keeps the name out of respect.

- Bobby owns and operates a chain of butcher shops.

- Boomhauer changes jobs, becomes a Border Patrol agent.

- Ladybird dies.

- Bill retires from the Army, opens his own barber shop.

- Dale & the gun club 'occupy' a piece of abandoned government land, turn it into a hunting preserve.

- Peggy becomes famous for her blog.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

drrockso20 posted:

This is actually pretty good, although instead of owning butcher shops, I'd have Bobby take over Sugarfoots, and end up turning it into a national chain after he adds the Dautrieve family recipes to the menu

Also I don't get why you'd have Boomhauer switch jobs, would be more interesting to actually explore Boomhauer as a Texas Ranger

Reince Penis posted:

Boomhauer retires and runs for Congress, just so they can do the recurring gag of Boomhauer mumbling into microphones in front of a crowd and everyone cheering.

- John Redcorn becomes a Texas state senator, gets arrested at Standing Rock.

- Buck Strickland mysteriously disappears, is declared legally dead.

- Hank becomes owner of Strickland Propane, keeps the name out of respect.

- Bobby owns and operates Sugarfoots as a chain restaurant with on-site butchering.

- Boomhauer retires from the Texas Rangers, is elected to Congress.

- Ladybird dies. Hank builds a propane eternal flame in the back yard.

- Bill retires from the Army, opens his own barber shop.

- Dale & the gun club 'occupy' a piece of abandoned government land, turn it into a hunting preserve. They eventually see environmentalism as rebelling against the government.

- Peggy becomes famous for her musings series on YouTube.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 13, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Bill is totally an open LSU fan. You will not meet a Cajun expat who isn't a Saints and/or LSU fan.

HANK: Dangit, Bill, I thought we talked about this! Now if you're not for the Longhorns then you're against the Longhorns! And Mack Brown needs all the support he can get!

BILL: I'm sorry Hank but I was born a Tiger, and, God willing, I'll die a Tiger.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Konsek posted:

It's not only Luanne's voice actor that passed away, I just remembered, Dennis Burkley who played Principal Moss also passed away. I suppose they can just hand wave it by saying he's retired. But that perfect deadpan delivery can't be replaced.

We don't have money for all these fancy teaching aids, like wood.

I've got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Untrustable posted:

Now that I know I can buy whole seasons for 10 bucks a pop on YouTube i can't be stopped. I bought season 7 to show my wife Pigmalion and then had to buy season 2 to show her the episode where Hank goes blind. Next I'll have to buy season 4 to show her the Louisiana episode. So much good King of The Hill and I'm happy to just pay the 10 dollars per season.

"Robért, this is velvet, not velveteen. A gentleman must know the difference."

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

MightyJoe36 posted:

Even though I've seen every episode about 10 times on AS, I feel like I would totally binge watch the entire series on Netflix.

Nextflix did have the entire series for the longest time, but it got taken off about a year ago.

THATHERTON!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

syscall girl posted:

he has to save his underpants

he can only do it by convincing his wife, child and niece that he never lost them

it is a trouble

The soft shall be blasted through the hard. Chaos will descend upon the well organized. And the strongest of men will become like a woman of average strength.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Glazier posted:

9/11 broke a lot of people and turned them into right wing lunatics. RIP Mike Judge’s empathy.

See Also: Frank Miller

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

http://www.avclub.com/article/never-forgot-9-entertainers-who-were-changed-by-91-102730

He released a graphic novel called Holy Terror, who's original title was "Batman vs. Al-Qaeda"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/-ozyEF3ZdyA

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Sash! posted:

So Bill has a septic tank, as we learned when Drew Carey showed up as Hank's spiritual clone.

But Bobby's snake got into the sewer, a sewer which Bill was connected to, as h feared the snake emerging from his toilet.

I demand an explanation of this issue.

(a) Bill doesn't understand how a septic tank works and thinks his house is connected to the sewer anyway.

(b) Rainy Street wasn't connected to the sewer system at first, but later became part of the system after the Board of Zoning and Resources agreed to it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Sash! posted:

B) Recalling what it was like when my parents neighborhood switched from septic to common sewer, this would have been a three parter wherein Hank and John Redcorn team up to fight the location of the treatment plant and Dale grows suspicious of government collection of his bodily wastes.

"A Toilet Flushes In Arlen", with special guest star Josh Brolin.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

MightyJoe36 posted:

"Pee-pee money is not an employment history Lucky!"

Were you on the state or federal oil rig?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Reince Penis posted:

Hank, GH and Bobby all single and living together in the house. Peggy is ... idk I'm not a writer.

Killed in a bizzare Boggle-related incident that's never explicitly mentioned.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey, you think I'd meet more women if I changed my name to Tango? 

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BlueBayou posted:

Is there any consensus as to the best episode?

My favorite is certainly A Beercan Named Desire, but I could hear arguments for other episodes that stay within arlen and have more of the supporting characters

My personal favorite is 'Flush With Power'. Just because it's a story that is a great slice of life that has a bunch of character moments, and fantastic quotes.

"Get out! Legally I can shoot you now!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Defenestration posted:

I love this one too

:stare: The monkeys must never find out.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Kalli posted:

Bobby Goes Nuts for having the best Bobby with any level of power/authority moments, and Bobby and Khan's best lines in the show.

Also Kathy Bates was a fantastic guest star.

"She BLUFFING! FINISH HER!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Minh's dad was criminally underused.

"DRAG AND DROP! DRAG AND DROP!"

I also found this: http://www.lpgasmagazine.com/king-of-the-hill-leaving-lasting-impression-on-propane-industry/

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I maintain the greatest source of amazing quotes is Buck.

"Hell, I'd kill for a big fat blind gay guy if we could just get some work done around here!"

"No coincidence: I like to eat, I like to hump, and I don't like to drive."

"Did you ever ride a block of ice?" "Hell, I married Miz Liz, didn't I?"

"You know he tried to get me kicked out of the club for throwing my putter at his wife? No-one sneezes when Buck Strickland's about to putt, except for Buck Strickland!"

"Good God Hank! You look like that fella killed the other fella!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Does he work for tips?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/QeuMTw6qvs0

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Defenestration posted:

Now taking more gif requests. Name the episode and season.

'Why am I wearing the hat?'

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Defenestration posted:

Made that one in the last round.

A giffable episode

'Kill Topsy, Kill!'

or when Topsy and Cotton kill Andy Dick

'Alright Topsy, let's roll.'

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ingmar terdman posted:

Forget the reboot/revival, what I want is a 1970s prequel series a la Better Call Saul starring a young, out of control Carl Moss with the alley boys in supporting roles

1970s KOTH prequel would be pretty bomb.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

I choose to take F for Family as Boomhauer's origin story

Dang-ol' no walls man.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Reince Penis posted:

I wonder what they'll say happened to Lucky and Luanne in a revival :(

Fentanyl OD

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

JaddaCaddra posted:

Can you do another from the same episode? Where Bobby goes "He had to dad. He got dissed!" I meant to ask in my original post but it completely slipped my mind. Apologies.

Also, I feel like I remember you making a couple of gifs from the Returning Japanese episode, of Dale and Bill's fantasies. Do you still have them somewhere? I'd love to have those too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaK4nHIDPgg

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doctor Syrup posted:

If someone can turn this into an avatar I'd be glad to throw them a forums upgrade.

https://i.imgur.com/5jTQxQt.gifv

I tested it, it works.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doctor Syrup posted:

Awesome, thanks! Which fancy forums thing would you like?

Dunno. I already have PMs and Platinum. What else is there?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Klungar posted:

Archives has its uses.

Think I might already have archives.

How about $10 donation to your local ASPCA or animal shelter of your choice?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

That just proves the formula works.

Dog terrorizing Bill? Hilarious.
Cat terrorizing Hank? Also hilarious.

Falcon terrorizing Bill? Equally hilarious.
https://youtu.be/b4wjFxsPhBo

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/YoPk5zewDz8

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/bXhFcmN1N-w

I don't know which one of you is posting these random KOTH clips on YouTube, but just know I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
So, I have some free time this afternoon, anyone else want a custom avatar made? I have access to all 11 seasons.