Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Post that picture of Peggy smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Belongs in the Louvre.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Defenestration posted:

I've got plenty of emotions. I was afraid she was gonna hug me. I was worried she wasn't gonna leave. And I was happy when it was over

Possibly an enormous coincidence but remember Hank Hill's opinion on butane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foWcjWz7pxU

Well, read the last sentence of the first section of this wikipedia

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The years long inability to find any legally streaming King of the Hill is the shittiest thing to happen to animated shows since Major League Baseball.

Yeah. You can watch some on youtube tho :yeah:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

When Dale is in the Booby Hatch he talks about how dry mouth and sticks his tongue in and out several times and its great av material.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I meant more when it goes to a pseudo-profile. When bill is raising his hand to ask for glitter. But you're great :)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Reince Penis posted:

I wonder what they'll say happened to Lucky and Luanne in a revival :(

Yeah, this is really why it'd be near impossible I think. They became too important at the back half of the show

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Took me forever.

In related news I actually ran out of poo poo to watch once upon a time and watched some of the Goode Family. It sucked, but not as much as I expected it to? It's def a Judge joint though. It's been too long since seeing it to recall what was the worst/best of it but I didn't hate it remotely as much as I figured I would, even if it was lol liberals.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is there a frinkiac equivalent of koth?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh, I just assumed that she was loving a white guy on the side.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hey the guy never did explain what he thought bizarre about it. I'm allowed to speculate

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laocius posted:

That really is the thing that brings down those later episodes. They take these weird, ridiculous characters and situations, which totally could be funny, but they make them villainous or malicious instead. Mrs. Wakefield is actually a really funny premise, but they ruin it by making her a villain.

The real villains were the lovely neighbors and friends.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pig has it coming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A real life parachute account.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Man I went to check the koth wiki for confirmation on that and they hate that episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my favorite subtle Peggy joke is in the Chip Block episode where Peggy is teaching Bobby how to read a box score, and she has her box score framed on the wall, and she says she should have had a no hitter but the jealous scorer ruled an error as a hit

it's hard to hear because the loud music starts playing over it as she's talking, so you have to be paying real close attention, and also know how baseball scoring works

I've read this several times but my lack of knowledge of baseball is hampering me. A hit is when they get on base right? After all, error or not, they still managed to get on base off of your pitch. I don't know baseball

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ein cooler Typ posted:

just because you get on base doesn't make it a hit

if there's an error, it is not officially scored as a hit

the idea is that a hit is the pitcher's fault, but an error is another player's fault, so it wouldn't be fair to put a hit against the pitcher's stats when someone else made an error

sometimes there are borderline cases where the official scorer has to decide whether the hit was a good hit, or the fielder should have been able to make the play but didn't

Peggy is blaming the hit that counted against her on the official scorer

Considering it's peggy, I figured the implication that it was obviously a hit and she retroactively said an error was the cause for ruining her no-no

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Yes that's the joke

But you said it's not a hit if it's an error.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Perhaps the same could be said of most marriages

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I wish the early forays into adopting tv franchises into video games didn't go so horribly. Both KotH and South Park would be fun but man that south park series suuuuucked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm Luanne

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How only 300 views

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Carl Moss is the most realistic portrayal of a school administrator in television history.

He never once fucks the faculty though, does he

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

It blew my mind when I found out that Chuck Mangione was a real person and not one of those fake celebrities that happen in TV shows

Are you saying monsignor martinez is a real person?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

KotH knew how to use guest voices.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sash! posted:

hang on let me join you

You going to cure his migraines?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

watching the thanskgiving episodes has got me doing a rewatch and man, it's wild that even as early as season 1 this show's got great episodes like the one where they all start smoking or boggle

The smoking one was the first I've ever watched so it's got a special place in my heart. That said it's a legitimately great episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't think Peggy could take Minh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

xpost:

Which episode was it had hank extolling the virtues of canned beer vs bottle? I think it "keeps it a few degrees cooler" or something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

snack eater posted:

xpost:

Hank says beer from a can always tastes 2 degrees cooler than beer from a bottle in this song on the King of the Hill soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrNQjReV0gw

I don't recall him ever saying it in a real episode

Yeah you pasted that in the other one. I'm positive it was said in the show because I'd never heard that before.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ingmar terdman posted:

Yeah this is insanely new to me and not in the show

I'm going to search forever and prove you wrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You can't even figure out why he poured it into a glass in death of a propane salesman. Your qualifications are suspect

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lester Shy posted:

I've watched a ton of this show, but I've never sat down and watched the whole thing sequentially before. It's amazing how much continuity and serialization there is for an episodic 90s animated comedy. Peggy's skydiving accident is the main focus of a two-parter, and then her recovery is mentioned in like six consecutive episodes.

It's a really good show. I know that's controversial around these parts but I stand by it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The poop one was good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Finally saw a never before seen episode and I really wished I hadn't. It was the Bill and Reverand Struppe one. Good god was it bad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The myspace one was loving good compared to the one I'm talking about.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The American Dream posted:

It’s not that bad. Not great.

Dale flipping out pretty much saves it. And hanks interactions with the harmanaholics were great.

No, the harmonaholics episode is good. The one where Bill dates Struppe

e: https://kingofthehill.fandom.com/wiki/The_Passion_of_the_Dauterive

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode has them arguing over whether hank is hot and at the end they all agree he is to humor peggy?
nvm, a really cool dude told me which episode :)

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 19, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PantsBandit posted:

Ya know, there are a lot of things I don't like about Peggy. And a lot of episodes where they really exaggerate the lovely parts of her personality. But I think it's really admirable how capable she is of love, how much she prioritizes being there for her family whenever they need her. I'm watching the episode where Luanne's mom comes back and hooks up with Bill, and it's so sweet how much Peggy cares about Luanne despite the fact that she isn't her mom.

I just love this show guys.

It's really, really good. It's funny, satirical and has a ton of heart. Usually it's a pick 2 or even 1 situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I just learned Junichiro was voiced by David Carradine. Absolutely perfect casting.

You can give credit to different animated shows on all kinds of metrics and of course the first third of simpsons wins the lion's share... but for guest casting KotH reigns without a rival.