Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

One of my favorite Luanne moments is during the prank wars episode, when Bobby replaces her hairspray with an air horn. You hear the honk and she screams. Then you see her looking at the can in a frightened manner, and she tries it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I love when Hank is chasing Mr. Strickland, who runs through a door marked "Emergency use only". Hank just stands in front of the door and futilely watches Strickland escape into the distance.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

:siren: mangione sighting :siren:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the episode was solid but that final scene was just perfect, it completely captured what king of the hill is about

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Sarah Palin wears professional looking business suits with a skirt. Peggy Hill wears shorts and a t-shirt.

They'll think you're Sarah Palin after she resigned.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Your Proud Pal posted:

The episode where Hank is accidentally a pimp has tons of great lines, but the best is Hanks "whoa-a" when Peggy's hot new outfit is revealed. Judge taps into his old days and it just sounds exactly like Butthead is back on my screen.

I had never seen it before last night, holy poo poo what a great episode. Hank driving with the hat, arm out the window and blasting funk is one of my new favorite KOTH moments.

I also have to admire how consistently awesome they are at choosing the end-of-credits soundbytes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"Hum... that cheese!"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"That's my purse!"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

reginald featherbottom the third is awesome :wotwot:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

this episode with the pork baron is so loving amazing, i can't believe the ending

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Now that's a clean-burnin' hell, I tell you what!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"You know what I always say: If you plan ahead, then when things happen, you're prepared."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CommunistMojo posted:

What brought up Hank selling tractors was after he got suspicious of the country club rigging the raffle for a round with Tiger Woods he confronted Ted Wasanasong and Ted gave some speech about how he saw Hank as a friend and Hank asks what he sells for a living to gauge whether or not Ted is lieing leading to Ted saying Hank sells tractors.

Yes I've watched KOTH that much.

Then later Dale points out that Hank used to sell tractors so technically Wasanasong was right, and Hank says that Ted didn't know that and just got lucky.

:ITellYouWhat:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Your Proud Pal posted:

how would someone who sold tractors always pay sticker price when he bought cars from ted danson?

i know this happens all the time but :aaaaa:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

One of my favorite jokes is when Bill screams out "I'm not gay!" in the hair salon and Luann gives him the "You're not acting gay" signal.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saw the vet episode for the first time and it just made me mad. Hank isn't that dumb.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"John Redcorn, do your people even celebrate Thanksgiving?"

"We did. Once."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Grin and Tonic posted:

So...am I the only one really sad that Luanne just got knocked up and married a hillbilly....?

Me too, maybe it's because I haven't seen all the episodes but I've never really liked Lucky.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dalai Lamacide posted:

Get over yourself. There were no near shark-jumps. You can't tell me that's the weirdest or creepiest thing you've seen bobby do. Remember the practice kissing? Or the ant episode from first season? That was as surreal as some poo poo in The Simpsons.

how about the episode where Peggy and Luann murder the rich guy in his pork factory, and it's never mentioned again? I loved that episode but yeah it was weird as poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

By his own machines but after Peggy and Luann had been pushing buttons on the control panel to activate them. But he was on the conveyor belt in the first place by choice. So it's not totally their fault but they definitely had an active role.

*after Mega-lo-mart has blown up*
Peggy: "My husband's in there! He had to take this job because no one else would hire him!"
Fireman: "We're doing everything we can, Mrs. Mangione."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wow I think Bill and the Harmonaholics singing "So happy together" is one of my new favorite King of the Hill moments.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"Heh heh... San Antonio."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

how did I never notice that creepy picture of naked baby Bobby in the Hills' bedroom :psyduck:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dusty old bones, full of green dust!

White shirt white shirt, how'd you get your shirt so white?

I love this episode.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You mean like... a convoy?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

No love for the ZZ-Top episode? It was just on Adult Swim earlier tonight. :(

Yet another episode where I heard the concept and thought "Ugh, this is going to be too Simpsons-esque" and I ended up really enjoying it. Although I have to say the final few seasons are way less appealing to me with their increasingly ridiculous "New-age crap is bad!" strawmen.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yesss they brought back the fake KOTH-verse sponsorship bumps.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was always disappointed that we never saw Joe Jack's church in the episode with Hank's favorite pew. Everyone tells Hank about their churches and Joe Jack just says in an intimidating tone "You gotta be good with god, to go to my church..." We then see Enrique, Donna, and Buck's churches but they don't show Joe Jack's :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Gloashfinntoapler posted:

Here's something I always wondered. In the episode where Bill becomes a professional eater, Hank makes small talk with the Laotian eater by saying his neighbor's Laotian and asks if he knew a guy named Kahn. He just gives him a smug look. Was it supposed to mean "Oh yeah, I know Kahn" or "Yeah, all Asians know eachother rear end in a top hat"?

Also it's kind of like "Oh you're from America? Do you know a guy named John?"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I forget exactly what it was but when he meets Peggy he tells her some story about his wife stabbing him or something and then says he was joking and it's some random medical condition.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I want them emus dead Hank!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

I totally forgot about Peggy's dream of Hank's funeral for being constipated. Seeing him in a casket with the makeup of a French whore on is hilarious. Cotton being a pallbearer and just hanging onto the side of the casket is something I never remembered either but was funny to watch again.

Mike Judge has the most amazing dreams or hallucinations for his shows. There's several across the KOTH landscape(the aforementioned constipation dream, the paintball dream, Tom Landry in the wack-a-mole machine hallucination, etc) that are so well done and the one for Beavis and Butthead Do America is ridiculous. He seems to have that "abstract but either subtle or outright terror" feel down pat for dream sequences.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Your Proud Pal posted:

Whenever Hank actually gets drunk he's ridiculously entertaining.

YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO HOLD 'EM... KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Haha this whole practice-head thing is delightful. Using Beach Boys for the montage keeps it innocent enough that it's not too creepy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dammit there have been two or three times where I've been watching an episode and thought "Cool, Alan Alda is this episode's casually used guest star" and then checked IMDB and found out Alan Alda has never been on KOTH :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

haha this ant episode is so surreal

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hank: "That's why you're my best friend, Dale."
Bill: "I thought I was your best friend, Hank?"
Hank: "Heh heh... yeah, well... heh."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"You know what I'll never forget? When Uncle Hank was naked."
"That didn't happen."
"Yes it did. The wind blew all his clothes off."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I love how john redcorn's hair blows every time he talks about his people

edit: this professor is yet another minor character who i mistakenly suspected was alan alda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What's creepy about the episode? I mean yeah it's kind of obsessive to do a synchronized routine with your dog but I don't get what makes goons so upset about it. It's a pretty funny episode too, especially the aforementioned Bill's Rottweiler subplot.