Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

King of the Hill should've ended years ago. It's good to hear that the show is finally being laid to rest, but that really sucks about those 4 episodes. Thankfully it seems like a pretty safe bet Adult Swim will pick them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Austin has the lovely SD feed. gently caress, even Adult Swim gets a better picture than this.

EDIT: The news on the local Fox affiliate here is doing a segment about the KotH finale at 9. Mike judge lives around here and I think they did an interview with him, so it should be pretty interesting.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 14, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

"I'm uncomfortable."

I'm gonna miss Dooley. :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

change my name posted:

So I'm psychic now?

He's not gay. If he were then he'd be doing this poo poo on his own, as opposed to doing it in the company of three hot girls.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

eightbitgirl posted:

I am going to miss this show so much, it's like watching my hometown in cartoon form :unsmith:

Same here. This show parallels my life so well it's almost scary sometimes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CraigK posted:

Can't wait for the finale to not wrap up a goddamn thing.

There, how's that grab ya?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SpazmasterX posted:

Still another episode left, chief.

Bobby showing signs of manliness isn't "wrapping something up" for you?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

change my name posted:

Now he's really enthusiastic about joining a "team" dedicated to meat? HMMMM.

Isn't that an actual team in real life though?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Luanne has a baby now? poo poo, I must've missed that episode.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SpazmasterX posted:

Did you like, miss 2 entire seasons?

Actually yes. I've been catching up by watching Adult Swim for the past few months.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SpazmasterX posted:

Lucky knocked her up, which is why they got married. Also she was fully prepared to name her daughter Lasagna. She has one of those 2 first name deals.

I knew she got pregnant and that that's why she married Lucky, but I missed the part where she actually had the baby.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The last Chuck Mangione cameo. :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yep. :unsmith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hugh J. Bluntwicz posted:

He had a picture ID with the badge that said Texas Ranger or something IIRC

Hunh, I saw that and thought it was a fake badge he used to get girls' phone numbers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I did not know KoTH had Robert Stack as a guest voice until just now.

What other guest stars has this show featured that I'm not aware of?

BlueBayou posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_guest_stars_on_King_of_the_Hill

It will blow your mind who has been on the show

loving GREEN DAY did voices on this show?!!?? :psypop:

Also I had no idea Thatherton was played by Burt Reynolds. That seems like something I should've noticed a long time ago.

EDIT: Or that Reverend Stroop was played by Mary Tyler Moore.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 26, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hogarth Hughes posted:

I think the only famous person I can remember that was on the show that a character worshipped in this manner was Willie Nelson, but it's completely in character for Hank to respect Willie.

This never made very much sense to me. Why exactly does Hank idolize Willie Nelson of all people? From the way Hank's character comes off on the show, Willie seems like one of the LAST people he'd admire, let alone call an idol.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Maxwell Lord posted:

I loving love the Manger Babies you guys.

I want to kill that loving penguin. With a pipe.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

muscles like this? posted:

Probably just an early episode where they haven't decided where the show was going yet. The only real confusing part of the shows history is how exactly Hank and Peggy got together. Peggy grew up in Montana and her parents still live there but somehow she went to high school with Hank. Peggy's brother Hoyt also somehow lived in Arlen since Luann is from there as well.

Ehhh, not quite. Hank and Peggy went to different high schools (Hank went to Arlen High, Peggy went to West Arlen) and they met each other outside of school. There's a scene from the "I Remember Mono" episode where Hank and Peggy are talking during a women's softball game between Arlen and West Arlen. Peggy played for the West Arlen softball team and is wearing the uniform in that scene. Hank is wearing his Arlen letter jacket.

As for how Peggy came to Arlen from Montana, the details on that are still a little murky. There's some mention made of Peggy running away from home at some point in her childhood, which could either mean she moved from Montana to live with a close relative in Arlen, or that part of her family moved to Texas and she came with them (or that she literally ran away for whatever reason). Either way, her mom has ties to both Arlen and Montana, and Peggy and her mom (or one of her moms anyway) were both living in Arlen when Peggy was a child (pre-high school).

Personally I'm more confused by who Peggy's real mom is. There's the Mother Platter shown in the earlier episodes who looks a lot like Peggy, and there's the ranch lady from that one episode where the Hills go to Montana. The former is apparently from Montana and goes there for Thanksgiving in one episode... I don't think the ranch lady ever leaves the ranch.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 28, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

JethroMcB posted:

I think it was just a case of it being an early episode. Once shows go on for a few seasons, producers seem to be willing to ignore bits and pieces of the show's history if it means they can come up with a new script.

See also: the Macmaynerbury Middle School mascot. In the episode where Bobby becomes the Landry Longhorn, Macmaynerbury's mascot is a Javelina. Then later it gets changed to the Fighting Irish for no apparent reason.

I don't know why but that detail always kinda bugged me.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleopolis posted:

Speaking of Dale killing the manger Babies...

Anyone have a gif of the donkey in the washing machine and its face gets slammed up on the window, all torn up and Luanne screams?

I thought people were joking about Dale killing the manger babies but apparently there's an episode I missed that I really REALLY need to see.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

^^^ No, it was Dale.

Tender Bender posted:

Then later Dale points out that Hank used to sell tractors so technically Wasanasong was right, and Hank says that Ted didn't know that and just got lucky.

:ITellYouWhat:

Bingo.

I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that Hank sold tractors briefly (maybe during high school?) before moving on to jeans.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hall n oates mom posted:

Chane - traditional Laotian moniker or inability to phoneticize 'S'???

Is Ted Wasanasong Laotian or Chinese? He's shown speaking Chinese to one of the guys from the Nine Rivers membership committee when they're trying to recruit Hank, but he identifies himself as being Laotian. Is he just a Laotian guy who also speaks Chinese?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

twistedmentat posted:

I think its safe to assume that people from Laos can speak Chinese.

Then how come Kahn couldn't understand what Ted was saying when he was speaking Chinese?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tender Bender posted:

I saw the vet episode for the first time and it just made me mad. Hank isn't that dumb.

Hank needed the vet to sign a form stating the cat was being well-treated, and the vet basically refused to do it until Hank coughed up the cash for a bunch of stupid tests. I'm honestly not sure if the vet was trying to get Hank's money or if he was just stupid, but either way, given the situation, Hank didn't really have much of a choice in the matter.

Also keep in mind that Hank has never owned a cat and knows nothing of their ways. Even though it's pretty obvious to us that this cat is an absolute bastard, Hank wouldn't know it since he has no prior knowledge or experience with cats.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 19, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

That's one of my favorite episodes! Seeing bill trying to tame the mean rotty is one of the funniest things they have ever done.

The best part was when Bill knocked over the bottle of sleeping pills and the dog ate some of them, went to sleep, and then dreamed about attacking Bill some more.

Bill is not very good with dogs. Or falcons, for that matter.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crotch Bat posted:

The black booster screaming "McMaynerberry!!!!" at Hank during the pancake lunch is amazing.

Isn't that guy voiced by James Brown? I know JB, Terry, and Howie did the voices for a few of the Arlen boosters, but I don't remember which ones.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Good god Hank, you're wearin' BUTT BOOBIES.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

bull3964 posted:

In "24 Hour Propane People", Donna mentions how she hasn't seen her husband in days. However, in "Lost in Myspace", Donna is shown to be single and a partier (I suppose she could have gotten a divorce.)

Donna also used to be Buck's mistress at one point. And based on what we know from the episode you're talking about, she's slept with pretty much everyone at Strickland Propane except Hank. So.... yeah, she probably knows her way around the whole divorce thing pretty good.

bull3964 posted:

In "Enrique-cilable Differences", Enrique mentions about how the kids are all moved out now, which is one of the reasons why he was having problems with his wife. However, in Lady and Gentrification (which was only a year later) Enrique is shown having a teenage daughter.

I don't remember that second episode hardly at all, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't "teenage daughter" be taken to mean that she's 18 or 19?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 5, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

"I'm gonna name her 'Wondertruck'."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

"Look how BIG and POWERFUL the moon looks in the moonlight."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No love for the ZZ-Top episode? It was just on Adult Swim earlier tonight. :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I think the episode is potentially one of the worst. So many things are off because they shoehorned ZZ Top in there. Minh's favorite song is Tush? Come on.

Didn't Minh spend most of her teens/early 20s going to Laotian discos? I don't think it's too crazy to assume she'd be familiar with the work of ZZ Top.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Every episode involving Chris Rock is awesome.

"Taste the meat, AND the heat."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

muscles like this? posted:

Here's some weird news, Adult Swim just did their numbers for viewership for last Saturday and both episodes of King of the Hill were the top rated shows for the night.

Actually that's not wierd at all. King of the Hill has been getting pretty decent ratings on Adult Swim since Day One, and it tends to be one of the better performers on Saturdays. However it's important to remember that Saturday is always AS's lowest-rated night of the week (you'll notice that KotH's numbers were just over 300,000 for both of those spots). Even Robot Chicken reruns don't get big ratings on Saturdays.

King of the Hill's only real competition on Saturday nights are Boondocks reruns, Bleach, and the rest of the anime block. The main reason it did so well last Saturday was because Adult Swim showed the second Bleach movie that same night (which came in third behind KotH), followed by repeats of the first and second Bleach movies back-to-back. Now, I like Bleach and all, but that's not exactly a tough contest as far as ratings go.

I think the last time Adult Swim saw huge Saturday ratings was when they still had Futurama. I remember their ratings would go up over 800,000 whenever they did those Saturday Futurama marathons. As far as I know, their anime block hasn't gotten big numbers since Fullmetal Alchemist ended. Bleach has actually proven itself to be one of AS's best-performing anime shows in a good while (whenever it's not sucking), which is the main reason they feel confident enough to show the movies.

robot roll call posted:

Awesome, suck it Family Guy reruns.

AS doesn't show Family Guy on Saturdays. They used to show American Dad reruns that night, but they stopped doing that a long time ago.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 15, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dammit Hank that is NOT what a Texas football uniform looks like.

EDIT: Or a Nebraska football uniform for that matter.

How the gently caress did Mike Judge pay attention to getting the Texas LOGOS right, but not the uniforms? For gently caress sake the Longhorn-head logo is copyrighted, so somebody on the production staff clearly did some kind of research (and they even put a little dot on Hank's hat right next to the ear where the little C symbol goes what in the gently caress).

EDIT 2: Well okay there's one guy wearing an actual Texas jersey..... in the parking lot, but still.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 16, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Unless I'm confused about what you're referring to, they mention in the episode that Hank is just wearing the old jersey style.

True, but that wasn't until toward the end of the episode (long after I'd posted that comment). Also it looked like all the Texas players were wearing the same style jerseys as Hank during the game, which was wierd.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How is Lucky taking the news?

:smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

At lease now she and Buckley's Angel can be together again. :unsmith:

(.... is what I should have posted above but didn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fooley posted:

I think that episode may have the most "HOO-YEAH"'s, dont quote me on that.

Pretty sure that title goes to the Peggy'sFeet.com episode.

(Which reminds me, why have none of you made a SpankPeggy'sFeet.GIF yet? You people disappoint me. :colbert: )