Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khazadum
Dec 1, 2006

I AM NOT A MERRY MAN
Little review on the g15 -

I had the original version of the g15, with the LCD screen that folded up and down. It worked well, though the software for programming keys and whatnot is a bit bloated. After roughly two years of graphics design/gaming, buttons started to not work, and the LCD started going dim on me. Eventually it started failing enough for me to hulk-smash it into a thousand tiny pieces in my floor. Downgraded to a Dell OEM keyboard till I can pony up the cash for something fresh.

Overall it was good, but not really worth the cash. The LCD is a straight up waste unless you KNOW something you're going to use it for - in my case it was to monitor Winamp during gaming/photoshop without having to click around or alt-tab. Most of the in game functions were stupid (except WoW - it let you know when your BG queue was ready, even if you were alt tabbed).

Granted, problems might be fixed with the newer version but just wanted to throw in my 2cp.

Also - this hate on the insert/delete key thing is killing me. Honestly, the delete key is the ONLY one of those six buttons I use, period. Granted, matter of preference and whatnot - but you guys seems to be flipping out over something irrelevant.

Edit: Oh yeah - the g15 is FREAKING GIGANTIC. Heads up if you haven't actually touched it. It took up the entire keyboard tray, so for like two years I had to put my mouse on the upper desk area. Possibly very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread