Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

This is the best keyboard ever.

- Compact
- Nice to press keys
- Large spacebar
- Decent home/end/del/insert config (not stupid compact with large del key)
- Proper F buttons
- No stupid superfluous poo poo
- USB hub (1.0 unfortunately)
- Dial volume control.

I want one so bad (I use one at work), but I can't find it ANYWHERE, especially a UK version. Help, goons?

Model Camper posted:

4lyfe

Seriously, I use this thing with everything. I keep it in my backpack at all times. I use it with my 15" MBP when I don't feel like dealing with the heat of the computer (freaking unibodies). I use it with my Mac Mini at home in my living room. I use it with my Nokia E71 to take notes in class instead of using a full laptop. In fact, the only place I don't use this keyboard is at work, where I use a 10+ year old MS split keyboard.

Now if only Apple would create a Bluetooth version of the MBP's giant multi-touch trackpad I'd be in heaven.

Care to tell me more about this E71 setup. Do you use the keyboard with bluetooth? What is the battery like? How good is the E71 for note taking?

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Just got one of these:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=083

It's rather nice, so far!

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

Retape posted:

Bought the same one a few days ago. Great keys, very good shortcut and macro-buttons with the software that comes with it. Also, it's cheap.

Retape approves!

Aye, only thing is the F keys aren't aligned or grouped properly but other than that it is quite excellent!

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

I'm looking for a value-for-money keyboard that has these things:

* Traditional button layout: So proper F1..12 keys in the right place, and none of that sleep/power bullshit, or moving around of Insert/Home/PageUp etc.
* Numpad
* Minimal but present media keys - Play/Pause being the main one.
* UK Layout
* Super keys
* Wired

I don't really care about mechanical switches seeing as those things are extremely expensive anyway. My primary uses are coding and gaming. HOWEVER I'm intrigued by the idea so if there's a cheap "entry level" mechanical keyboard (<£30) I'd be willing to try it.

I'm currently using this fucker which is alright except the crap little F keys are all jammed as gently caress because they are poo poo. I want proper F keys!

That Dell keyboard that came with everything was alright but didn't have media keys.

This one looks kinda good, though I'm not sure about those F keys.

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 23, 2012

• Locked thread