Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I've been using this, no problems although I wish it had media controls/powerbutton/usb ports.

Lucky you. Mine started dropping keypresses about a month after I got it. The only reason I even got it was because my Model M died to a Sprite can.

Edit: I just plugged the drat thing in and, after a lovely start, it stopped dropping keys after about five minutes of loving around in word. Even then, it drops a keystroke every few minutes. If I have to warm it up like this every time I go to use it, I'm putting it back up.

Edit 2: I opened the keyboard up and found the source of my dropped keystokes: a very poor soldering job. Whoever put this thing together burned off not one, but TWO contacts and did a lovely job of jumping the connections. Five minutes with a soldering iron later, I had a perfectly functional keyboard.

My verdict? The iOne Scorpius M10 is a great keyboard if you happen to win the QC roulette. Otherwise, I hope you know how to use a soldering iron.

Zonekeeper fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

CockShadow posted:

Preach. I had a Unicomp M that fell victim to a spilled can of Diet Dr Pepper. I'm now rocking a righteous Unicomp Space Saver. It's awesome, and the proper-assed 80's beige and brown color scheme says "serious business."

Same goes for IBM Model Ms. I'm on my second after my first was assassinated by a can of sprite, and I have no inclination to get another type of keyboard. I guess in the M's case, it goes without saying that it's one of the best.

It's pure distilled keyboard. It's layout was so popular that it continues to be used to this day. No flashy lights, no macro keys, no useless media keys. It's beige, like everything else was back then. Because of the way the keys were made, the letters will never wear off. It does one thing, and it does it the best.

The vast majority of the surviving models are in perfect condition after a quarter century of use, and they likely won't wear out any time soon.

My keyboard is as old as I am.

The one true keyboard.

The Model M. :black101:

• Locked thread