Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but...

So I recently (3 months ago) switched to the Dvorak keyboard layout, and I'm loving it. I've almost regained my original typing speed (120 wpm) and everything is going great.

However, when I got back to school, I realized something. On some programs, namely, command prompt and Cygwin, no matter what I do I can't change it to dvorak. I guess this makes sense, since I'm using the language in windows, and all that that probably does is re-interpret the signal as it's coming in, and Cygwin and the command prompt probably completely ignore that.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do (short of buying a hardware dvorak keyboard, which there don't seem to be many of to begin with) to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
So I've had a Razer Lycosa for just over a year now, and I like it, but...

Yesterday, when I was playing Team Fortress 2 suddenly the A key just stopped working.

I pulled off the A key and tried pushing on the little... plastic piece underneath it. I did it with the next key over and it registered fine, but the A key didn't register at all.

Has anyone else had this problem? Some quick googling shows that it seems that some people have had similar problems, but it sounds more like people have problems when they JUST get the keyboard with keys not registering when they hit them, and nothing as "permanent" as this.

Should I contact Razer about it?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Has anyone here used the Razer Lycosa drivers a lot? I was trying to change all my keys to Dvorak, so that I could switch keyboard layouts with Razer's driver manager instead of with Windows language settings, but...

It doesn't seem to me like you can get the keyboard to remap a key to completely mimic a completely different key. What I mean by this is that you can't get the Razer drivers to mimic a keypress down when you push the key down and a key press up when you let go of the key. The best I've been able to do is to have the key mimic key downs and key ups continuously while I hold the key down which obviously isn't the same thing at all.

I feel like I'm explaining this badly...

Basically, has anyone tried using the Razer drivers to do ANYTHING similar to this?

• Locked thread