Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobb
Sep 20, 2001

malefactor posted:

water + g15 = :(

On a similar note I spilled some water on my g11 about 6 months back and it seemed to dry out fine. Cut to yesterday and when I get up I notice my R, S, T, L, and a few misc keys have decided to stop working out of the blue. This was also my second g11, the first one also died to a spill after 2 years with it.

Taking that as a sign and the fact I don't have 50 bucks for a frigging keyboard at the moment, I got a logitech newtouch keyboard 200, and its not too shabby for a basic keyboard. I do really miss the media controls of the g11 though.

addendum: I think its hilarious how non spill resistant the G keyboards are despite them SEEMING like they would be with how sealed up they are. Before I had either of my g11's I had another cheapo logitech that I think took 2 or 3 spills like a champ before succumbing. g11 I couldn't so much as sneeze on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

TLG James posted:

I just picked up the Logitech G110 keyboard. I'm loving it so far. I was a little pissed off/spoiled by my last mediaboard having all the cool keyboard features like calculator and stuff, but I found out I can program the G keys to do just that.

Picked up one of these myself yesterday, and I think I like it. My past baby was a g11, and this is more or less the g11 v 2.0 as it were I suppose. They hacked off a few of the G-Keys but I had issues actually using the ones on the very left edge anyway, and I love how the g110 is a bit more compact. The G11 had a bunch of wasted empty space that made it way bulkier than it needed to be.

The only issue I have really is a minor nitpick that it didn't inherit the ability to press 5 keys across the whole keyboard like the absurdly overpriced g19 has. It's only minor because even with my g11 I really never ran into too many pressed keys issues anyway.

I'm mostly a sucker for the fancy volume knob. :(

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

Siroc posted:

I'm very interested in this keyboard due to the backlight and the volume roller. How does the backlight perform across the keys? I've heard some reports of it being dim or messed up somehow. Where'd you buy the board? I'd love to get my hands on it for a minute at a bestbuy, but I don't see it available on their website.

Depending on the colour you gravitate towards they can be dim. I have it set to the default blue that the old g11 had, and its dimmer by a little bit. The LED can only be on or off there isn't separate levels of brightness anymore.

Feel wise if you've ever used a g11/15 its pretty similar. The volume roller at first feels like it would be too loose, but in practice it works just fine.

I got mine from newegg seeing as all the local places didn't have it. Overall it seems pretty solid, I haven't used the onboard headphone/mic jacks yet and I probably won't so I can't speak for those. Only 1 USB port vs 2 of the older ones, but it is a USB 2.0 instead of 1.1.

• Locked thread