Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tropical
Aug 14, 2003
Ahh say whut?
I bought a Microsoft Mobile Keyboard 6000 set today. I've had my eye on it since it was mentioned earlier in the thread and it was on sale for $30 off at Staples here this week.

I've got a desk with a small keyboard tray so the idea of a small keyboard with a detached numpad is awesome.. excited, I opened the package, inserted the batteries and flipped the power switch on. I pressed the bluetooth connect button on the bottom of the keyboard and the battery light started flashing red and green. Unfortunately that's it... my computer won't discover the keyboard and I have not been able to get it to connect. I figured that since I have a Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver USB stick I would be fine, but apparently not. The box and online docs for the keyboard say "exclusively for Bluetooth mobile and desktop computers" - it seems like having a transceiver is not enough.

Am I screwed here? Is there something I'm missing? I'm currently using another Microsoft bluetooth keyboard - the Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 - without issue. I'm running Windows 7 RC x64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread