Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!
The reviewer is weak, I had no trouble at all getting it connected.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPMKOsPtsDg

This keyboard makes me type better and faster. The action is very short but it isn't ultra sensitive.

I don't need a super mouse either. I like simplicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Coleman posted:

So, I figured I'd come post an "instant review" for those still looking for a keyboard.

My Corsair K70 just arrived, I've had about an hour with it. I came from a non-mechanical with low profile keycaps so it's very different.

I quite like it already, though. It's a lot heavier than I expected it to, so if your keyboard is in different positions for different games/reasons, it can have trouble sliding sometimes (at least for me so far.) The key action is nice, but it really is super light. I'll go to put my fingers on homerow to start typing, and accidentally enter a couple of keystrokes. I'm also double tapping keys a lot, and misclicking other keys trying to travel over the top of them, but that's all in the "getting used to it" phase. I haven't been able to jump into a game yet, but just typing in general use it seems very nice.

With only an hour or so of use so far, I would already recommend it for anyone else in this thread looking to go Mechanical.

I've gone from K60 to K70, because I was insanely jealous of the illumination of the K90 when that gen came out, but prefer the RPG form factor. I love these drat things. I'm much better at typing on these boards now, but I'm still not nearly as good on them as I am with the laptop I'm typing this on. Takes time.

• Locked thread