Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Figured this was the place to ask...those of you rocking the apple keyboards in windows...have you figured out a way to map any of the apple-specific function keys?

I'm talking about the FN/Brightness/Sound/eject keys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Typh posted:

Hmmm, I might be looking to ditch my HHKB Pro 2 for a Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Tactile Touch "Otaku". The lack of arrow keys end up being a pain in the rear end when I'm using a program that depends on them a lot, and the Otaku looks like the best of both worlds. drat.

God drat that is one sexy keyboard. Does anyone know how these compare to the HHKB Pro?

I am trying to find a modern equivalent to the Model M I used to use. Does not have to be noisy, just has to have the tactile feedback. If this is will feel like my Model M, I'll just pick this up.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

EnergizerFellow posted:

If you want a Model M, they are still being made, new today. Complete with things like w/ or w/o Windows keys, TrackPoint, USB, black, etc.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/keyboards.html

What the hell are you guys doing not pimping Unicomp who owns the design and manufacturing rights to the Model M, complete with the original IBM tooling?!

I love the feel on those old keyboards, but they just look so dated, compared to the Filcos. Is there any similar feeling keybaords that look more modern? From what I read on this thread so far, I think blue cherry keyboards will feel most like the Model M, so maybe the Filco with blue cherries is the way to go?

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Between the Topre Realforce and the HHKB2, which is generally recommended as the best quality board? I like the compact form factor of the HHKB2, but the layout looks like it will just piss me off.

I hear nothing but good things about both these boards, and have yet to see someone prefer another keyboard over these. What do you guys think?

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

powderific posted:

It seems like they should be nearly identical quality, so I'd just get the one that you like the layout of more. You can also get the realforce boards with key weights that vary depending on what finger goes to them, which could be nice.

I saw that too, but I am interested in the one with all 55g keys. Just to get the weighty feel most like my Model M.

The HHKB2 uses all 45g keys for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

sports posted:

The spacebar, unfortunately, loses it's stiffness after a long while. You'll come to miss it.

Mine did this : (

Any way to fix it?

• Locked thread