Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

Odnet posted:

I've had to return two keyboards already because certain key combinations don't work (W+A+V, W+A+G, etc.).

Look for anything that has n-key rollover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

Odnet posted:

What wireless keyboards even have that? I haven't seen that listed on any of the boxes of the 30 or so keyboards I've looked at. Searches on Google and Newegg bring up nothing. Any specific models? What's pissing me off right now too is that everywhere I go, I can't buy just a keyboard that is wireless. Everything is a "wireless desktop" where I have to pay for the inclusion of a lovely mouse.

Sorry dude, I was just giving you the name of the feature that you're looking for. I don't use a wireless keyboard.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

Squish posted:

I'm very experienced in destroying keyboards (hence my reliance on cheapies), and I'm down to my last one with this specific layout. (I hate using WASD for games).

How are you destroying them? If it's just through general use, you'll be better served by a well engineered keyboard. That way you can get one that you like, and not have to keep searching for replacements.

• Locked thread