Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

chizad posted:

It took some time to get used to, but I really love my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard. For me, the layout of the keys is the most important thing; if it doesn't have the traditional Model M layout (plus Windows keys and whatever multimedia/extra functions), I'm not gonna use it. Another bonus is that MicroCenter routinely has the OEM version on sale for about $30, so if I need a replacement I can pick one up on the cheap.

Same here. I've been using one for years and I haven't looked back. I have one for my desktop at home and I purchased one for use at the office. I've gotten other people hooked on them too. That reminds me, my 'A' key is fading from too many FPS games. I need to get a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

Alrighty, after much deliberation I've just ordered the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Thanks for the advice, all.

I just bought one and plugged it in. It feels nice and looks snazzy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

I'm really liking it, although sometimes the space bar doesn't work on first press, which is quite annoying. I haven't use it for games yet, though, so that hasn't proved too much of a hassle. I was considering prising the spacebar off but I don't know if it'd go back on again.

Overall I like the feel and the action of the keys, and it's really quiet, which is a great benefit when I want to use it late at night after people are asleep.

My spacebar is fine. I would suggest contacting Logitech for a replacement. From my experience, and others, their support is great. As far as gaming goes, I haven't had any issues. I was using a MS Natural 4000, so I had to 'relearn' some keys because of the spacing. Other than that, it's fine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

I just called Logitech and got a chilled-out Dutch dude. He told me to take it back to the shop, give them a reference number and they'll replace the keyboard for free. Hope they won't mind that I got rid of the original packaging!

I'm guessing you're not in the US. Glad their overseas service is just as good.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

I picked up my replacement keyboard this afternoon. In and out of the shop in under a minute, that's what I call service.  On my way home from work to test it out now.
You correctly guessed that I am outside the US.  I'm in Australia and the Dutchman I got could have been a backpacker. Chalk me up as yet another customer highly impressed with their service.

Awesome. Not keyboard related, but I purchased a G7 mouse back when they were new. A couple years later and the batteries were completely shot. I emailed Logitech with the problem and they sent me a whole new G7, batteries and all. I didn't even need a receipt or UPC. It's worth buying their stuff just for that level of service.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

On my way home from work to test it out now.

How's that space bar working?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

modeski posted:

Like a loving champion. Flawless. I am a happy goon.

Awesome. I'm sitting here at Newegg tempted to order another one for my office PC.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Twiin posted:

Yeah, I've owned one, but it's a bit too weird for an office drop-in replacement for people who aren't used to it.

Make them get used to it. They'll thank you later. I've seen it happen several times.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

lDDQD posted:

you're all useless, by the way. (ended up buying the slim backlit logitech from the op :emo:)

I was going to recommend that, but you said 'cheap' and linked a ten dollar keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Full Circle posted:

Yeah, the reviews on newegg are ludicrously good. I don't think I've ever seen a product with so few non-5 star reviews. Definitely gonna swing by best buy tomorrow. Thanks!

I'll vouch for it as well. I've been playing tons of Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 with no issues.

• Locked thread