Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

TLG James posted:

I just picked up the Logitech G110 keyboard. I'm loving it so far. I was a little pissed off/spoiled by my last mediaboard having all the cool keyboard features like calculator and stuff, but I found out I can program the G keys to do just that.

hobb posted:

Picked up one of these myself yesterday, and I think I like it. My past baby was a g11, and this is more or less the g11 v 2.0 as it were I suppose. They hacked off a few of the G-Keys but I had issues actually using the ones on the very left edge anyway, and I love how the g110 is a bit more compact. The G11 had a bunch of wasted empty space that made it way bulkier than it needed to be.

The only issue I have really is a minor nitpick that it didn't inherit the ability to press 5 keys across the whole keyboard like the absurdly overpriced g19 has. It's only minor because even with my g11 I really never ran into too many pressed keys issues anyway.

I'm mostly a sucker for the fancy volume knob. :(

I'm very interested in this keyboard due to the backlight and the volume roller. How does the backlight perform across the keys? I've heard some reports of it being dim or messed up somehow. Where'd you buy the board? I'd love to get my hands on it for a minute at a bestbuy, but I don't see it available on their website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

MonkeyFit posted:

Currently using a Logitech Elite keyboard.

Best keyboard I've ever used in my opinion. I love the layout. It's hard for me to find a layout I like.

But I think it's finally starting to give out on me after 7 years of faithful service. But I can't decide between the G110 and the G19. I'd get a G15, but gently caress v2. I hate orange. So, is the price difference of $90 really worth it for the screen?

I'm using the same keyboard (wireless version) and I love it, too. I bought a G110 and thankfully it was defective and I returned it to Logitech and sold the replacement on SA Mart. The illumination wasn't very good and it felt cheap. I realized I'd probably never use all those hotkeys. I loved the turn volume wheel on the Elite keyboard, but the rolly volume wheel on the g110 is much less sensitive, requiring a ton of rolling. Most keyboards have a separate + key and - key for volume, not a single wheel or something, so that was a big plus for the g110 in my opinion, but due to its sensitivity, it was annoying.

The g110 built in sound card is cool, but if you plug in a headset, you can't transmit sound out of any other input. The individual mute mic and mute headset sound is cool. The USB port can't handle anything much higher than a mouse or usb thumbdrive.

I love logitech products. I've used logitech mouses for as long as I can remember, my last two speaker sets were logitech, and I've had this Elite keyboard for probably 8 years. The G110 was not at the standards of those other products and I was disappointed in it coming from our keyboard.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Blackclaw posted:

stuff

Logitech just released the G510 keyboard. Its a mix of the G110 and G15 in terms of features. Plus, its illuminated and you can customize the color.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Blackclaw posted:

From the question post.

Doh, so sorry. :(

Goo posted:

Since I designed all three of these, I'll answer your questions about them.

I was rather disappointed in the G110. In my opinion, the keys felt mushy, the backlight was not consistant thoughought the key prints, and the volume wheel was far too insensitive (too many rolls required to turn the volume down a decent amount). Have any of these been improved, from my point of view (i.e. firmer keys, better light transmission through keys, and a more sensitive wheel)?

You guys make great products and I always try to get logitech whenever possible (bit of a fanboy for logitech's stuff). The g110 was the only product I've ever had a complaint about after using 2 speaker systems, 5 mice, a harmony remote, and another keyboard.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

dotster posted:

I have the X8 Nighthawk with Cherry MX Browns. I mostly type on mine but I bought it for the elusive time you speak of for a bit a gaming. I replaced a Deck Frost that I didn't care for and am much happier.

The surface of the board looks like a matte rubber. Is it easy to clean the surfaces?

• Locked thread