Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Got His Gunt
Aug 19, 2008

I can't stop thinking about Dr. House's huge, throbbing...diagnostic skills.
I have diagnosed Adult ADHD.

I've been on Ritalin and Adderall. If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather go with Ritalin. I found Adderall didn't work nearly as well as Ritalin did.

I found a really bad side effect of taking either Ritalin/Adderall was it made me angry. All the time. I'd just fly into a rage and there was nothing to be upset about. Of course I was coming down from the drug so that might be a factor.

I'm nervous though. Both Ritalin and Adderall gave me secondary tachycardia due to amphetamine use, so does the non-narcotic meds work as well as the narcotic meds?

Also: I've ran out of Adderall, and my prescribing doc is holding off on giving me any sort of ADD meds due to severe depression. I'm going crazy. I notice now, my attention is everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Got His Gunt
Aug 19, 2008

I can't stop thinking about Dr. House's huge, throbbing...diagnostic skills.

Qu Appelle posted:

So, question - anyone have their emotional lability (sp?) go off the charts on Adderall? I'm normally really stoic, but for the past week or so, I've felt like I've been on the edge of tears, and weird little things trigger crying. Watching a documentary on Obama on TV? Tears. Playing with the cat? Tears. Getting flamed for something monumentally stupid on the Internets? Tears. Messing up something minor at work? Tears. No other emotion feels inflated or dampened.

I found I got angry on Adderall. Everything would be perfect and I'd still be livid. But for the crying thing, Ritalin did that for me. Cried all the time.