Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

opie posted:

It's also amazing how easy it is to just make an appointment with a psychologist and actually talk to a professional, yet so many people can't afford it.
Fixed for you. Psychiatric care isn't often covered or not covered as much by many health insurance plans, nevermind pre-existing condition clauses and everything else. I think I might have some sort of problem, possibly an attentional problem, but I can't go get diagnosed because A) I have no health insurance and B) I can't afford the (minimum) $100/hr that any professional capable of diagnosing ADD/ADHD would charge. Oh, and also ADD/ADHD isn't the kinda thing that's taken care of in one single-hour office visit. Are you honestly surprised that people want to first look to a free source of information (Internet) rather than choosing between rent money and mental health?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

If I don't have health insurance, could maybe a walk-in clinic give me a script for adderall or something if I chatted with the doc for a little while? Because ADHD testing around here runs a minimum of $500, and that's if you completely debase yourself and beg them to cut all available corners for you. This is through a neuropsychologist's office.