Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

After a long wait for a referral, I finally got in to see a psychiatrist, who put me on 20mg Vyvanse. I'm trying not to be too excited, but for the first time in literally years, I actually feel motivated to do productive things, and I can actually concentrate on work (I'm a PhD student, currently working on my thesis, which is the single longest project I've ever had to undertake in my life, and I am completely stalled on it because of brain problems).

My worry is that I'm honeymooning right now, and that it will stop working as well as it is. Like, right now, it's like a tiny drill sergeant moved into my brain and starting shouting orders at me for how to unfuck my poo poo. Does that feeling eventually go away? I kinda don't want it to, but I also want to be prepared for what happens if it does.

On the plus side, it has almost entirely killed my appetite, which is good, because I'm a big fat guy with a very recent diabetes diagnosis, which I'm hoping to get under control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU