Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!
I've never been diagnosed, but I've always had a hard time concentrating, didn't listen in classes I didn't find interesting or important, etc.

One big help I have found with studying is music. I put on Sky.fm Mostly Classical or Solo Piano as some white noise. Otherwise nothing will get done. Studying has to be done all at once. I can't take breaks or I will not have effective studying after the break. Also no phone or Facebook.

My grades have gone up in college and I can finally concentrate effectively when I need to. I just had to develop coping mechanisms and willpower to do what I need to. Its still hard, but I force myself to do whats needed.

The bad part is that many people don't understand what I have to do to concentrate. I HATE people that chat during lectures. HATE HATE HATE. Fuckers don't want to concentrate. I don't have a choice. I pay for my class go talk about bullshit in the hallway, not in the class I pay to take so I can get a degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU