Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TrueChaos posted:

Interestingly, a small hit does wonders for me. That point where I'm not quite high, but just starting to feel it? Yeah, I can sit down and do one thing. Its like being in full control of the hyperfocus, which others have described here.

That's really funny, because weed in any dose actually makes me unable to focus on anything for more than about 2-3 minutes. Not sure if it affects other people that way.

I want to second the warning about self-diagnosis here. I made the mistake of trying to self-diagnose a number of times during my college years, and the biggest problem is that even when you do see a psychiatrist you'll be telling them your symptoms with whatever disorder you were looking at in mind.

An example of how seemingly ADD symptoms can be misinterpreted: I can't sit down and focus on something for more than a minute or two, whether it's a game or movie. At first glance this looks like ADD, but lack of focus can also be caused by depression or anxiety. Also keep in mind that *everyone* feels more focused and in most cases flat out happier on stimulants like adderall or ritalin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU