Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I know there are a lot of people who love the Brothers that you can get for $99 (or even $49 on sale)

I personally can't stand them. If you're going to print 1,000 pages a year, they're probably okay, but if you're going to use them a lot, they don't last. I've bought them in an office environment (management says so-and-so needs a printer and you only have $100 to budget for it)

They jam a lot
The combination toner/drum setup on some of them is a pain in the rear end
The toner doesn't last as long as they claim
Paper tray issues on the MFCs
They just quit working after a couple thousand pages

If it's under warranty, they'll usually replace it once for you, but after that you're on your own.

I would suggest a Samsung, or even better, HP. You'll have to spend $200-$300, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

'continuous ink system'

Is this real?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Any goons hoarding some memory that works with a HP LaserJet 4100N? I wouldn't mind spending a couple bucks if it keeps derpers away from my cube while they wait for their print jobs to spool.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

RoosterBrewster posted:

If it's not a pain, does anyone have any recommended sites to get refill kits? Also, are there places that can do toner refills for you because places like Costco and Walgreens only seem to refill ink cartridges.
If you spill ink while re-filling inkjet cartridge you're going to have color stained fingers for a few days. If you spill toner you could possibly inhale the stuff and can destroy your vacuum cleaning it up.

There should be a local place that refills and sells cartridges. I thought the office stores do it these days, too.

• Locked thread